Tabcollector

Greenie
Jan 31, 2013
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre 8", Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I just received the new Tesoro catalog when I got my Cibola back from having it checked out, there are a couple things I noticed that is new for anyone who has not seen it, the Compadre is now offered with the 5.75" or 8" coil and the coils are now called Epsilon series for the 5 pin and Delta for the 4 pin. The catalog is put together very nice. I don't know if this was a misprint or not but they now show the Cibola and Vaquero as having ED 120 disc instead of ED 180. I would also like to thank Rusty Henry at Tesoro for taking the time to talk to me, he is a great guy that talks to you like he has known you for years. Happy hunting.

olfacere

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia, US
Detector(s) used
Tesoro MicroMax Silver
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the "heads up." I wondered why they hadn't included a larger coil on the Compadre when the coils can't be changed by the user. I guess they just hadn't gotten around to it. Time to look into a catalog.

drd777

Greenie
Feb 25, 2013
Sun City Center FL
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi - I also talked to Rusty after seeing your note about the 8" for the Compadre because I thought it would be a great first MD for me. Rusty is a very pleasant person who gives you full attention. With respect to the 8", he thinks its a misprint; the 8" meant for overseas markets, but that's not a final word because the Owner and Production Manager were OS for a few weeks and were not available for the final word.

drd777

Greenie
Feb 25, 2013
Sun City Center FL
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owner has confirmed that they will offer the 8" on the Compadre; now I wonder is that a good or bad idea for people who buy the compadre because of its lightness and gold finding ability? (per Tel/con Rusty)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread