Thught I found a winner

kjb1769

Greenie
Jan 26, 2013
I tried a new spot this morning. It was a park from the 20 till the 60's when they built an interstate through it. Looking at some old ariel photos some of the larger trees were not removed thought it would be a sure thing. Nothing nada zip. Made a pull tab chain with 36 tabs not counting the ones that were just the ring or just the tab. Not one single coin. I figure surely would be some under the large shade trees. Good digging the weather was great still find it hard to believe not a single coin!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are you using and what size coil is fitted? Did you dig everything or just whatever was disc?
just curious,

Thanks,

Pulltab

OP
OP
kjb1769

kjb1769

Greenie
Jan 26, 2013
I used a Vaquero with the stock coil I was in disc mode and ran it with the disc 1 mark past iron. I worked under and around some large trees, some of the tabs were 5" deep. I also dug some small wads of foil, an old Schlitz can and part of a Budweiser can along with some rusty bottle caps. The targets weren't stacked but spread out with some separation between them. Went to a tot lot yesterday for about two hours, and used the same set up on the vaquero as the day before 11 zincoln's, 2 copper cents, 3 nickels, 3 dimes, 1 quarter. 83 cents in clad. 1 HEB button, 1 smiley face pendant, 1 sterling ring (3.1 grams).
I wonder if the old top soil was removed during construction of the highway or maybe filled over and the older layer is down deeper?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread