Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Heathgeo,

there are a few guys here who are running the Outlaw. I considered one but went with the Vaquero only because of it's proven track record. From what I have seen, the Outlaw is a hunter especially with the collection of 3 coils. From what I understand, its based on the same setup as the Silver umax, but I could be mistaken. 53silver does a great job of examining the rig, he is usually right on with his descriptions.

I'm sure that there will be some Outlaw users on here and will comment soon.

Good Luck and HH

Pulltab Parson

OP
OP
heathgeo

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
When i first got my Outlaw i was doing an air test.. and i dunno what i did but i was getting about 6-8" solid hits on a Quarter then i believe i hit the re-tune button and the depth dropped to like 2"...
I ended up turning the detector off and back on to get it straight and i don't know what happened..
It was just weird...

I also took it out in the yard and got a hit ( All Metal Motion Auto ), I switched to Disc.. and started trying to notch it out to see if i could ID the target before i dug...
Well i maxed out the disc and it was kinda choppy and breaking up but repeatable... and i know in disc mode you lose depth... so i was thinking maybe i have silver a little deep...
Well 6" down was a 3"x 5" rusty peice of metal.. only 6" down...
i think it was broken and choppy because it was trying to disc it out but couldn't...
I pulled it out and re-checked the hole and got nothing so I was a little disappointed in its ability to disc out iron...

Anyone else run into this or should i send my unit back to Tesoro and have them test it?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i first got my Outlaw i was doing an air test.. and i dunno what i did but i was getting about 6-8" solid hits on a Quarter then i believe i hit the re-tune button and the depth dropped to like 2"...
I ended up turning the detector off and back on to get it straight and i don't know what happened..
It was just weird...

I also took it out in the yard and got a hit ( All Metal Motion Auto ), I switched to Disc.. and started trying to notch it out to see if i could ID the target before i dug...
Well i maxed out the disc and it was kinda choppy and breaking up but repeatable... and i know in disc mode you lose depth... so i was thinking maybe i have silver a little deep...
i think it was broken and choppy because it was trying to disc it out but couldn't...
I pulled it out and re-checked the hole and got nothing so I was a little disappointed in its ability to disc out iron...

Anyone else run into this or should i send my unit back to Tesoro and have them test it?
There is nothing wrong with your Outlaw. Rusty iron will always be more conductive so the MD thinks it is a better target. I like the ZERO motion pinpointing.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
It was just weird...

This can happen with the retune button.You retuned to the quarter signal.This is what happened.There are just not a lot of dedicated outlaw uses right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions