Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope not and have not heard anything. They have been a trusted name for a long time.:dontknow: Do you have a link ?

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The news of Alcav,Robert leaving Tesoro.The golden umax out of production.Talk of Tesoro having problems.This don't sound good. :-Q

Say it ain't so. I have spent the last week researching this site as well as other info. to figure out which detector to buy for my first. Sorry- I am new to MDing and wanted to make an informed decision. This research has been eye-opening to say the least. Tnet has without a doubt been the most informative and led me to decide to order a Tesoro Vaquearo and a 5.75 concentric coil for the trash situations. Now this- what's a fella to do. I don't want to buy from a manufacturer if they are on the way out. Does anyone have a friend at Tesoro who might have the inside trac on this? I will hold off on purchase until I can find out the validity of this. Any info appreciated- thanks-yelnif...

wheatymike

Dec 31, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus, Compadre. Deleon.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Say it ain't so. I have spent the last week researching this site as well as other info. to figure out which detector to buy for my first. Sorry- I am new to MDing and wanted to make an informed decision. This research has been eye-opening to say the least. Tnet has without a doubt been the most informative and led me to decide to order a Tesoro Vaquearo and a 5.75 concentric coil for the trash situations. Now this- what's a fella to do. I don't want to buy from a manufacturer if they are on the way out. Does anyone have a friend at Tesoro who might have the inside trac on this? I will hold off on purchase until I can find out the validity of this. Any info appreciated- thanks-yelnif...
Don't base your purchase on these rumors. Tesoro is now producing the Compadre with the 8" brown donut coil!!
I have a Vaquero with the 5.75 concentric and it is bad to the bone.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard nothing about Tesoro going out of business. I have heard of some promising F&D though. :coffee2:

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say there is nothing to worry about, Tesoro is always surrounded by rumors, as you know, they are always releasing a new detector ;)

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some folks spend more time spreading rumors than they do detecting. Maybe things will get back to normal when the snow melts.

tabman

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some folks spend more time spreading rumors than they do detecting. Maybe things will get back to normal when the snow melts.

tabman

indeed :laughing9:

Tee1up

Sep 9, 2012
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if these rumors were true, I would buy a Vaquero before the doors slammed shut. It is that good.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if these rumors were true, I would buy a Vaquero before the doors slammed shut. It is that good.

If the rumor is true, which it's highly likely not, prices of new and used Tesoro detectors would skyrocket. They would be worth their weight in gold.

So if anyone is thinking of not buying because of the wild rumor could lose out.

tabman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Everything you read on the Internet is true." - Abraham Lincoln

Robert Martensen is no longer with Tesoro - That is a fact.

I talked with Vince Gifford yesterday. He has just returned from a two-week tour of all the Tesoro Distributors in Europe and Russia. Tesoro Electronics is doing just fine, and continues to grow their domestic and international market share. The Company is growing. Tesoro needs the right person to create and direct their public outreach and consumer education efforts. Tesoro needs a knowledgeable person that can be regularly available on their Website, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and the 12-top Forums. I look for them to fill that position with the right person or persons very soon. In short, Tesoro Electronics is not in trouble, and is actually growing strongly both here and overseas.
As Tesoro continues to eat away at Whites and Fisher market share, look for a lot more of these “rumors” on the forums.

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the insight Terry. Tesoro posted on Facebook Robert had left the company. You filled in a lot of details and background. Much appreciated.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For as good a product as Tesoro, I just don't see them going south, unless its to hunt in Cancun! They make a way superior product to much of what is out there, I'm not worried a bit.

Thanks for the update Terry, I got it on the FB too, from HQ, all is A OK. :hello2::icon_thumleft::headbang:

HH

PTP

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I talked with Vince Gifford yesterday. He has just returned from a two-week tour of all the Tesoro Distributors in Europe and Russia. Tesoro Electronics is doing just fine, and continues to grow their domestic and international market share. The Company is growing. Tesoro needs the right person to create and direct their public outreach and consumer education efforts. Tesoro needs a knowledgeable person that can be regularly available on their Website, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and the 12-top Forums. I look for them to fill that position with the right person or persons very soon. In short, Tesoro Electronics is not in trouble, and is actually growing strongly both here and overseas.
As Tesoro continues to eat away at Whites and Fisher market share, look for a lot more of these “rumors” on the forums.
Thanks for letting everybody know whats up. Now maybe we can put the rumors to rest.

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
So Tesoro is alive and well.This is great news.Someone said they didn't pay there internet bill and the site is going down.Anyone heard this rumor? :-Q

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So Tesoro is alive and well.This is great news.Someone said they didn't pay there internet bill and the site is going down.Anyone heard this rumor? :-Q

I will start publishing a tesoro gossip magazine to become rich :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Are you a Whites Dealer SpiritRelic? :laughing7: You have "heard" more rumors about Tesoro than anyone else on this forum! Of course that isn't true. They host their site on their own server because of past security problems. I think they should change that, but we'll see. Seriously Spirit, try giving all the rumor mongering a rest. Maybe you can listen for some Fisher or Garrett rumors.. :thumbsup:

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you a Whites Dealer SpiritRelic? :laughing7: You have "heard" more rumors about Tesoro than anyone else on this forum! Of course that isn't true. They host their site on their own server because of past security problems. I think they should change that, but we'll see. Seriously Spirit, try giving all the rumor mongering a rest. Maybe you can listen for some Fisher or Garrett rumors.. :thumbsup:

I heard Garrett is planning to paint all their detectors yellow :thumbsup:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with Soloman one this one.... Give it a rest everyone. Yesterday when all this BS started and rumors were flying, I simply picked up the phone and called Tesoro. That put the rumors to rest for me. They have no plans of going anywhere anytime soon. I also told them about all the crap that was being said on Findmall Forum and if you look now they have posted and responded to the rumors. My point is- instead of spreading rumors, pick up the phone and get the facts. This kind of crap and rumors doesn't help a great company like Tesoro. That kind of speculation based off rumors will cause people to take a wait-and-see approach instead of ordering their new detector. That can really hurt a great companies sales.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Terry, thats a relief- I need to save a little more (@100.00) then I will order. Thanks again. yelnif...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread