First real outing with the Vaquero!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All,

Finally had some good weather and was able to hit the local park / totlot for some detecting. I hadn't been to this park in some time so I figured if no one else had spent any time there, I may get lucky.

I hit the totlot first with the 5.75 and was pretty successful! I didn't find anything old but did pull out a far amount of clad. I then ventured over to the bottom of the sledding hill and there I stayed. I don't think i moved more than 10 feet once I got over there. Every swing generated a hit, I couldn't move without hitting a coin, which I dug. I left the park about 2 hours later with almost $4.00 in clad and a really good experience with Vaq. I didn't hardly touch the park, but I did mark where I left off and I hopefully will get a chance to get back over there this afternoon! I have a really good feeling I'm going get something good!

The Vaquero can hunt, there is no doubt about that!

HH
PTP

kjb1769

Greenie
Jan 26, 2013
Congrats on the good hunt. I used my Vaquero on an old home sight yesterday no coins several fired bullets and some interesting older cartridge head stamps from the teens and twenties.

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have too much snow for me to get to one of my colonial sites, but that will be in soon. At least I was able to get out and swing the coil, that's whats most important!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulltab, lucky you! We still have about 10" of the white stuff. It is raining now and in the low 30's. Spring is on the way. I have been watching and locating the sledding hills all winter! Come on spring!

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I have a gold mine just waiting for me at the bottom of that hill, I bet I stood in the same place for 20 minutes digging coins. And the Vaq's diss is rockin, It's similar to the Tejon but seems to be easier to determine what I'm digging. I have never dug so many nickels than what I did today along with dimes. I couldn't believe how many of each I pulled out. I was impressed. I plan on getting out for a couple of hours tomorrow, but that will probably be it for a while, we have another storm coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread