Deciding on the Tejon...coil?

Houston1852

Greenie
Mar 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am trying to upgrade from my Cibola that I've used for a few years. I was initially thinking vacquero until I was directed to the Tejon. I think this is the one I will go with. I search for mostly relics, old coins, jewelry...pretty much anything old. I live in the midwest so black soil. I search primarily in open fields. Just curious if the Tejon is the right choice for me and wondering what the best coil for me would be? I've never bought a coil, always just used the one that came with my cibola. I was wondering about maybe the 12x10 widescan? I appreciate any help.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon is an excellent deep woods/open field detector and was designed more for relic hunting but it does really well on coins & jewelry too (it loves brass, nickel & gold) at deep depths

the tesoro 10x12 concentric is a better choice for the soil you're hunting as you'll get better depth and it is better at unmasking in iron infested sites than a wide scan which is for guys hunting soil with high/er mineral concentration

HH

OP
OP
H

Houston1852

Greenie
Mar 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I thought I responded on this earlier, but my post doesnt show up. Thank you for the info. I'm curious as to what coil comes with the Tejon? Would it be better to buy the 10x12 concentric than to use the one that comes with it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread