Tesoro Outlaw is a great relic detector

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool video... The more I get used to my Outlaw the more I love it.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you lucky bum

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put a smaller ring and agood size bolt there
then do it

liftloop

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Liftloop might mean is to test the Outlaw with a ring near a good sized bolt to see if the Outlaw only picks up the ring. Since it is in all metal it will show both targets and with the size of the bolt it will show both when switched to disc. Only Minelabs will disc the bolt and report on a ring under the bolt.

But the Minelabs cost more than twice as much and weigh more.

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out last night in the yard looking for a socket that fell out of my hand. It took no time to find and I didn't actually need my Outlaw

Anyway, I found a solid all metal signal. Switched to Disc. I pulled a dime and a large rusty mail from the same hole. I called it as a dime before I dug. Got the nail first and than rolled the coil over the whole and the dime was still there. Same depth.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to know the outlaw can hunt relics, I still have been thinking I may pick one up, but the tigershark will come first, and with all the rain we have been getting, that may happen even sooner than later!

HH
PTP

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Because of the true no motion feature it made the small coil seem like a big coil because of the constant output signal.This gives me a huge advantage as a wooded relic type hunter due to being able to move swiftly through the forest floor obstacles with the small round solid coil.If you explore wooded type areas for lost coins and relics,this detector is it. :-D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread