My new Sand Shark bagged a ring in the first hour

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I took the shark to the local salt water beach.This was my first hunt.The Shark is very stable and smooth.I found lots of fish hooks and and few bottle caps,a micro mini ear ring,and the ring.I found the ring within one hour of trying this detector for the first time.I really took right to this detector.Pi

20130407_193237-1.jpg

20130407_193255-1.jpg

20130407_165416-1.jpg

20130407_165654-1.jpg

detecting is so much fun,and different.The Sand Shark is a great beach detector.Can you believe the size of this earring!.I need a pinpointer. :-D

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I love my Sand Shark and Tiger Shark. Just ordered the Outlaw and have the Gold U max on backorder.

Swing what you can afford and enjoy the addiction. Use your treasure finds to upgrade later.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't need a pinpointer if you have a good scoop. Why slow your self down.

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I love my Sand Shark i use it in the wet sand and water exclusively. It really likes rings if they are there you will find them. I started using it in VCO mode only. I recently just started using normal mode.

Lbcwanabe

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my SS in the mail today. Now im looking at a stealth scoop. Somone told me they are the best?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
congrats on the nice ring. is it gold?? You don't need a pinpointer on the beach as sandman said

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
nice finds are the stones real ones?
Thanks all.I will check it out.It is silver.I learned that it is not common to put diamonds set in silver,but it is done sometimes.Beach hunting is new to me,but i am really liking it.I guess i have to get a good scoop.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That earring would be missed by some machines. Sweet, sweet ring. Congratulations.

Skexis

Apr 14, 2013
Adelaide
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I love my Sand Shark.... I recently just started using normal mode.
Why did you change from VCO to Normal mode? What do you find are the benefits?

bleaver

Greenie
Jun 10, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola (X2), Tesoro Golden Sabre, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sandshark, Fisher CZ-21 (X2), Garrett Pro Pointer, and 5, Yes thats 5, Stainless Steel Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I always hunt in VCO Mode. It gives a little more information on the target and more info on depth. I can usually tell if its iron, still dig it because I'm always afraid I will be wrong. I use my Sand Shark in water love the way the thin coil profile slips through the water. The Control box works great under the arm for balance and so that you aren't pushing it through the water so much. I use Fisher CZ20/21s as my other machines in water because of there versatility in both fresh and salt water. Used to have a Stingray II for fresh water replaced it with a Tigershark - bad mistake for me personally. Just never took to the Tigershark. I know they are good machines but just not for me. Now the Sand Shark, that's a different case, those I really appreciate.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations!!!

Normal mode is deeper than VCO, and you can hear whisper positive breaks, and quiet negative breaks in the threshold much better,

bleaver

Greenie
Jun 10, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola (X2), Tesoro Golden Sabre, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sandshark, Fisher CZ-21 (X2), Garrett Pro Pointer, and 5, Yes thats 5, Stainless Steel Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Always learning something new. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread