New to me Golden Umax old tones.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this site but not to detecting. I have owned bounty Hunters, teknetics and garrets. None of those come close to the golden. Got the golden off Ebay with a Troy super 7 coil. I have hunted 2 times with it and I am really impressed. I mostly hunt very trashy old public parks. The Garret 250 I was using is a piece of you know what. If I hadn't paid good money for it I would of wrapped it around a tree long ago.
The goldens audio is ten times more descriptive than anything I have ever used. I had no idea what I was missing. if you have never played with a golden I suggest you give it a try. This machine has a whole lot more tones than four. I can't seem to put it down,always experimenting with it. I highly recommend this machine.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be more impressed if you use a great set of headphones like Black Widow's, Grey Ghost, Killr Bee's.

OP
OP
Chris R

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a pair of Garret headphones right now. You must of read my mind, that was next on my list. I think I'll do a ground balance mod on it to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread