Cibola

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great machine! Big Gold to you!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, I think you like it. Tom is a great guy to deal with and has earned all my detecting buys.

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Well I got it today very excited . Looked great , felt great . But just my luck . It does not work property . Maybe two to four inches in ground at best . All coins the same . Hell my metal digging tool only eight inches . I have should bad luck . I tried all settings . Don't Think I'm doing something wrong . I even put the penny in the ground 4 inches at most and not a big hit . Darn

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
What settings are you using? Maybe sensitivity isn't high enough?

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Yes the depth is two , three inches period . No matter the coin. Put three coins in hands maybe six inches . Metal shoval maybe eight inches . I have the cibloa brand new out of box . I tried the battery that came with it and another battery . The other detectors I had did not have the depth problem at same locations . Found penny at about 1.5 inches waved the clod in front set it down , check hole nothing. Pick up clod , weak signal . Put penny on ground. Maybe 2-3 inches all it would pick up . Tried different settings , grew etc . I hope its me lol hate to send back new machine and wait .

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Well folks , I figured it out myself . Lol The manual did not state it . Talked to Rusty ( nice) guy , he never heard of it . Also Tom who sold it to me . So here you go folks . The pin connector has a notched out opening which should be facing down . If it us rotated so it is facing up, then you have no depth . Now Rusty said it should only go one way but try for yourself , it will go.upwards . So maybe some body else will have the same problem . So there you have it , the great mystery solved . Lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well folks , I figured it out myself . Lol The manual did not state it . Talked to Rusty ( nice) guy , he never heard of it . Also Tom who sold it to me . So here you go folks . The pin connector has a notched out opening which should be facing down . If it us rotated so it is facing up, then you have no depth . Now Rusty said it should only go one way but try for yourself , it will go.upwards . So maybe some body else will have the same problem . So there you have it , the great mystery solved . Lol

Glad you got it fiqured out!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you made the phone call. That is the quickest way to get results and solve a problem.

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
But they didn't resolve it . Lol They confirmed that the pins should be facing down and can only go on one way . Which is untrue . Lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But they didn't resolve it . Lol They confirmed that the pins should be facing down and can only go on one way . Which is untrue . Lol

Well, true for everyone on the planet - except you. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Terry I'm not coming down on Tesoro . I was letting people know it can happen . I have seen a few people say the same thing and think it was the detector . The pins can be reverserved 180 . I'm sure I'm not the only one . Should I keep that secret to myself ? I'm trying to save someone else the heartache . Now I believe Rusty should have known it and it should have been written in the manual . NOTCH SHOULD BE FACING DOWN . I also posted in varies threads to get more responses . Now with that bring said I'm going to brag on the machine . It is by far the best out of the three I tried . My success ratio is %80 percent. Nothing overly deep a small bolt at eight inches . I say live and learn . Don't be so protective of tersoro . I give credit and blame where its do . The connection can be done wrong . I fiqured it out and Rusty confirmed . Now some of you try it and see . Hell I may become a dealer and u would want to know all problems !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions