Finally...The Vaquero

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think he means a penny/dime with a rusty nail laid over the top of it.
I had somebody try to show me how great the Vaq was as finding the coin in that situation. Didn't turn out the way he wanted. LOL!
And to add insult to injury the machine I was swinging that day hit it better.

I'm starting to think that maybe I have a super vaquero. maybe they are different here in Europe, I don't know what to say :dontknow:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to think that maybe I have a super vaquero. maybe they are different here in Europe, I don't know what to say :dontknow:

Maybe chinchilla! I wish I would have done a video of the iron mask test, I was kinda surprised myself at the results. The F2 did much worse, but I thought the Vaq would have done better than it did.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I honestly feel that the vaquero would be unstoppable if it offered tone id

I agree....I've seen a video on Youtube by 53silvrer showing the Golden UMax and the 4 tone ID is awesome on it. If the Vaquero had this feature, it would be hard to beat!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree....I've seen a video on Youtube by 53silvrer showing the Golden UMax and the 4 tone ID is awesome on it. If the Vaquero had this feature, it would be hard to beat!

Now if the vaq had 4 tones, I would love to give it another try!

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A vaquero with a toggle switch for Single and Multi-tone selection would be something really nice to swing

Maybe chinchilla! I wish I would have done a video of the iron mask test, I was kinda surprised myself at the results. The F2 did much worse, but I thought the Vaq would have done better than it did.

I hate those nasty nails, they keep hiding the goodies from us :BangHead:

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A vaquero with a toggle switch for Single and Multi-tone selection would be something really nice to swing

I hate those nasty nails, they keep hiding the goodies from us :BangHead:

Damn iron, can't live with it, can't live without it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread