outlaw and hot rocks !

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Hi,
I recently obtained permission to hunt and old civil war site , one that is not on any map,I have an outlaw with just the stock coil do not have the other two , Now heres the problem the hill is loaded with hot rocks,I get a beep every inch of it ,,Its almost like an rock quarry , Now ive tried bout everything possible to tune out the hot rocks but i still get hits on them ,, Now whats a solution for this ,, Anybody :BangHead:

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
There's no way to use ground balance that'll help? If not, get or borrow a SandShark.

mojotrout

Jan 21, 2013
Idaho's high desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I recently obtained permission to hunt and old civil war site , one that is not on any map,I have an outlaw with just the stock coil do not have the other two , Now heres the problem the hill is loaded with hot rocks,I get a beep every inch of it ,,Its almost like an rock quarry , Now ive tried bout everything possible to tune out the hot rocks but i still get hits on them ,, Now whats a solution for this ,, Anybody :BangHead:

Hello Reed,

I have read that if you find you have hot rock issues, you can place the coil over them and hit the retune/detune button. From what I understand, this will detune the detector from the hot rocks. However, I do not know how this will affect the performance of your detector on desirable iron targets. I believe the conversation I read involving this technique was for coin shooting, so detuning ferrous material was not a big deal. I am no expert and have not tried this myself, so keep that in mind. Check and see if this works and report back so others can learn from your experiences. Good luck!

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
i saw the vid on utube for this techinque the guy was tring to get a gold ring he put his machine over the hot rock and hit retune and the rock was gone. he could still pick up the gold ring very cool. but he could not hit a silver dime after so id say not a good coinshooting techinque

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread