All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
8" Compadre! Good Luck!

OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought the compadre only had the 5" coil

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope you can get the Compadre with an 8 inch coil now. The price on the Silver Umax at 175 is good. I have one that I got for 160 like new and love it. It is an easy sweet machine to use and is very productive. As far as the warranty and not being the original owner, don't worry, Tesoro will take care of you. Tesoro values and appreciates their customers. That is one of the reasons people keep on buying them. I don't own a compadre or have never used one but have read nothing but good about them. The silver umax will get a little better depth than the compadre with the 5.75 inch coil. My guess is that the 8 inch coil on the compadre may even things up a bit. Either one of these detectors would be an excellent choice and offer great performance for not much money. They are truly turn and go detectors that find the goods!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Silver does have the option of changing coils which is often a plus.
luvsdux

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my silver for changing coils and a sensitivity adjustment which comes in handy.

jamiekeefer

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you went with the silver. controls are more fun :) and you can use them to effectively dig more good targets, IMO.

Last edited:

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
both are good, I find the umax better..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread