Vaquero arrived last night

Cal G.

Mar 19, 2003
I believe you will like i. I have enjoyed mine the short time I have had it. It is a fun machine to use. Good Luck and happy hunting tomorrow

L

l2hunt

Had mine for a couple weeks, it takes a little time to learn, can't say enough about using the disc knob, very handy! The machine is starting to grow on me. Not too confident with the depth yet but we'll see how that goes. Share your experiences we can learn together.
HH

OP
OP
G

GrassButler

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
North East Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well my backyard is a half acre... So earlier in the week I buried coins from the 1960-70's penny, nickel, dime, quarter, kennedy and eisenhower. And newer 2000 plus date for all of the same (except the eisenhower)... Of coarse I had a bottle top... but had to buy a tall boy to get the tab to bury. I guess i will bury some gold and silver as well.

So far so good..quite impressed!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Vaquero! Can't believe you actually had to buy a tall boy to bury a tab. I hit like 5 of them to every 1 coin even in my 2 acre yard. Just remember when checking target if it drops out just before nickel it MAY be a nickel if it goes any higher but drops out somewhere after tab and screams when pinpointing its probably a tab. I've had mine about 5 weeks and still learning the language. I still dig many beaver tails and tabs just to see if I'm able to tell between nickel and tab, and just when I think I can, out pops a tab! I purchased 2 sets of headphones, KillerB's and Jolly Rogers. The KB's sound better but the JR's fit my extra large head better! Lol Good luck and HH !

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GrassButler

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
North East Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well am hour or so of using the Vaquero on the beach and these were my finds. In order from right to left. Got a lot if practice though. I wonder if a pinpointer would be more helpful.

Attachments

• image-4207456956.jpg
    image-4207456956.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 75

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well am hour or so of using the Vaquero on the beach and these were my finds. In order from right to left. Got a lot if practice though. I wonder if a pinpointer would be more helpful.

A good beach scoop. RTG aluminum Pro mini scoop (#733) for $100 is a good tool to have. My experience with pinpointers was that they false in wet sand. Scoop is all you need for wet or dry sand.

Attachments

• image-3955857762.jpg
    image-3955857762.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
G

GrassButler

Greenie
Jun 7, 2013
North East Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those were all pulled from the mesh of an RTG 755 scoop.

I like the looks of that 733!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions