All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vaquero - Good Luck!

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can't go wrong with either the Cibola or the Vaquero.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you need ground balance for soil mineralization then get the vaquero. If your soil is mild, get the Cibola. Either way you can't go wrong. You won't have a display jumping all over the place in trashy areas, instead you will learn to listen for a solid tone. One thing you will find Tesoro is excellent at is target separation. If you disc. out the trash you get pops and clicks when passing over the trash. When a non-disc target is hit you get a nice clean tone. Slow down your sweep speed and zero in on the target. I have dug many targets with tabs and nails above the target that the disc. knocked out. I have found several nice coins in trashy areas that I know have been heavily hunted. The Tesoro (Silver uMax in my case) was able to easily pick the targets out of the trash. Some of these areas are so trashy that I can't go 2 inches in any direction without hitting trash. In these cases I set the disc. just past pulltab and before zinc penny to eliminate trash and just cherry pick the coins.

I think other manufacturers make good machines, but at present I don't know because I have only used Tesoro products and extremely happy with the value verses performance factor. If you do decide on a Tesoro, be sure to call one of the forum sponsors to get a better deal on your detector. Whatever you choose good luck and keep us informed.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id suggest after or if u have 2 or more in mind & find it hard to narrow it down pull the specs on both machines or however many & do some side by side tests c which one will b the best for ur Type of detecting where ull get the most for ur money

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Terry says, "The Vaquero." I second that.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
G

grounded

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2013
australia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone for the replies to this thread.after consideration from those who have posted on this thread and the info on you tube I've decided on the vaquero, a big factor for myself in choosing a Tesoro is their reputation and I haven't seen many unhappy users.:icon_thumright:

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a coin shooter, I like the Silver umax or Golden Umax (multi tones) or Deleon if a VDi screen is desired.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the vaquero, great value for money

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really loving the Tejon with coin check toggle switch. Slightly heavier than Vaquero but a coin killer.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Outlaw is proving out to be a excellent detector for deep coin shooting,awesome relic machine with true no motion all metal mode.Great jewelry detector.TheTejon is more of a advanced detector with lots of power like the Vaquero.The Vaquero or Outlaw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread