INFO PLEASE -- tesoro silver sabre metal detector

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver series by Tesoro is quite confusing.

There is an ad in my local craigslist for the, Tesoro silver sabre. Asking price of $175

Just had a few questions for you Tesoro vets;

1. From the info I have found on it, I think that this is the very first of the "silver series" line up?

2. I'm looking to get my first Tesoro, I'm currently swinging a GTI 2500 sometimes a borrowed AT Pro,
I guess what I'm trying to ask, is the silver sabre a good enough machine to break into the Tesoro (beep and dig) world,
or should I go with something newer, or will it keep up with my current machines?

Was just hoping a few of you that use the Tesoros could shed some light on this detector for me, you know pros and cons etc.
Just like everyone else out there times are rough and moneys tight I wasn't out shopping for a new detector, hopefully next tax season I was gonna get something like the Vaquero or the Outlaw, but happen to see this and at just $175 I can probably swing that and maybe talk him down a bit.

What do you all think? Is it worth the $175 or should I just wait and get something else?
Any thought or comments would be much appreciated!

Thanks all and HH!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this will help. Tesoro Electronics Silver Sabre Micro Max Metal Detector | Lost Treasure Online - Official Website of Lost Treasure Magazine

Join NRA.JPG

Last edited:

jdo57

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2013
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's a fair price, but definitely not a great price....I am on a tight budget, too, but if it were me, I would not go for it. I would watch e-bay for a Silver uMax, or even better, save a little more and try to get a Cibola. I finally got one and absolutely love it over the Compadres and Silver that I had before....just my opinion. Good luck!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it's the small (umax) box last Silver Sabre that would be a top price for a very clean one. They're one of Tesoro's better detectors and are still popular even thought they're not manufactured any more. I like that model so much that I've picked up several. The older big box Silvers are still popular with some and I've read good thoughts on them, but don't have any hands on experience with one.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread