CIBOLA AT THE BEACH

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
I have had this machine for about three months now after trying two vdi machines . I just got to try at the beach for about fours hours . Sad I didn't have time for more . I didn't find any gold etc but coins . Now that being said I will say that.beach hunting us fun and easier . Lol . The machine operated full blast open with no chatter unless very close to the water . Then very little . It picked up a penny at eight and 12 inches . Going from top dry sand down to very wet sand . I think that's outragous . I also dug over two feet down for a beer can . Lol just my thought . For the.money you cannot beat it . Lol

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear because I just ordered a Cibola. I won't be doing beach detecting, but still sounds like it's a great machine.

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
My point is I dont think you need to step up to the next machine with ground balancing unless you like spending more money . Lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think if you tried the Vaquero for a week you would change your mind. I have both and now I use the Tejon, and haven't used the Cibola or the Vaquero in months. The differences in mild soils like dry beach sand are not great, but once you move into mineralized soils, and begin to get more experience on the headphones, the difference hits you like a Mack truck. The Cibola is the most underated preset ground balanced machine on the market today - in my never humble opinion. The Vaquero is the Cibola on Steroids, and the Tejon is the Vaquero on Steroids. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Maybe for now , I'm impressed . I'm using very cheap headphones . Lol it was much better at the beach than I thought . I thought I would have to turn it down some . But it ran wide open. Did get run off the beach in one area by a park person . Go fiqure why a law against MD at the beach . I said Hell I'm picking up trash ,nobody complaining etc . It wasn't on the sign . Go fiqure , didn't even have the excuse of messy plugs . Lol

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you guys say "Beach", why don't you say dry sand or wet sand. No single freq MD is going to work well on wet sand unless you greatly turn down the sens. What Terry says is right about the GB and Tejon.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
It worked in dry and wet sand close to the water without any change in settings . That was my point . Even in the water you only got a little chatter at full blast settings . That us what impressed me . Picking up a penny at 12 inches with the first four infuse dry , and the last eight inches wet , I think is pretty Damn good . Course I'm farliar new . Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread