Vaquero qustion

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the only ones that are hard wired are the sharks and compadre?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
The Vaquero is interchangeable.
I tried a Vaquero a couple of months ago and loved it. It was the first time I ever tried a Tesoro and certainly won't be the last. After doing some research I decided to go with the Outlaw. One of the factors was that the Outlaw comes with 3 coils.

For me getting a Vaquero would mean I'd want the 5¾" concentric coil. It worked out to the same price as the Outlaw with 3 coils.
Also liked these video's. He has vids on both the Vaquero and the Outlaw.

Either way you can't lose.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To the best of my knowledge, all Tesoro land machines have interchangeable coils except the Compadre. That said, it should be mentioned also that the umax series, Outlaw, Goldetn, Silver etc. use a different set of coils than the HOT series - Tejon, Vaquero, Cibola and Lobo ST. The umax coils have a 5pin plug, the HOT series has a 4pin plug.
luvsdux

OP
OP
H

hunting123

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Pro-Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies everyone. I've been trying to make up my mind between the Outlaw or Vaquero since i got the Tiger Shark lol I will probably have one of each in the long run :)

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you start using Tesoro's everything else seems not up to standards. Except my Fisher's, White's and Minelabs.
Outlaw1.JPG

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you start using Tesoro's everything else seems not up to standards. Except my Fisher's, White's and Minelabs.

LOL! Dang Sandman, tell it all brother!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say, I just love to find stuff with all my detectors. I have to fight with myself not to buy another one just so I can play with a new detector. I just like to learn them since I don't work at a detecting store anymore.

Last edited:

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro added a subliminal message on their tones that says "Gotta catch 'em all!" :laughing7:

by the way, good detector the Vaquero, it is my main machine

polacko

Sep 22, 2013
Palacios
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Vaquero, Garret pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro added a subliminal message on their tones that says "Gotta catch 'em all!" :laughing7:

by the way, good detector the Vaquero, it is my main machine

Which coil would you recomend for coin shooting in a very trashy area? I just got a Vaquero but I'm having a hard time with it in the area I'm hunting.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which coil would you recomend for coin shooting in a very trashy area? I just got a Vaquero but I'm having a hard time with it in the area I'm hunting.

Hi, I only use the stock coil on my Vaquero, when trash gets serious I grab my compadre 5.75

I would recommend you for really trashy areas a concentric coil over a DD, like for example the 5.75, with the concentric you will have better discrimination and the advantage of isolating targets by simply raising the coil from the ground

good luck!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread