bounty hunter pioneer ex,Fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is ALL detectors have trouble with over head power lines. The coils transmit and receiver the signals and they also receive EMI fields just like your radio when you turn the dial between stations. There are cell phone towers, Microwaves, Wi-Fi networks from hotels and homes.

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/davejohnson/Electrical Interference.htm

Last edited:

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My biggest problem has been with Invisible Fences for dogs. We have one and so does a couple of neighbors - when I detected our yard I turned our fence off. That helped but if I got near (within 5 feet) of the neighbors the detector became 'chatty'. I've run across a number of them detecting.

I've had wi-fi be somewhat problematic near a couple of homes. One house the wi-fi interference was horrible, that's when I figured out the owner put a wi-fi range extender on the patio. He did it so his kids could have wi-fi in the yard. Why they needed wi-fi in the yard I have no idea.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was called to a home where the owner lost his wedding ring playing basket ball with his kids and he heard the ring hit the driveway but didn't see it bounce. Luckily I had 3 detectors in the car and none would be steady. Then I asked him if he had a home security system and to turn it off. I found the huge wedding band in five minutes and called him over to look in the grass. It was huge..... I accepted the $100 bill he gave me....We had pizza and a bucket of KFC that night.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My biggest problem has been with Invisible Fences for dogs. We have one and so does a couple of neighbors - when I detected our yard I turned our fence off. That helped but if I got near (within 5 feet) of the neighbors the detector became 'chatty'. I've run across a number of them detecting.

I've had wi-fi be somewhat problematic near a couple of homes. One house the wi-fi interference was horrible, that's when I figured out the owner put a wi-fi range extender on the patio. He did it so his kids could have wi-fi in the yard. Why they needed wi-fi in the yard I have no idea.

Probably need wi fi for nintendo ds?

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My tesoros work great around power lines

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only problem I ever had was near an underground phone line and the problem was only about 3 feet either side of it. Never had a power line problem and I have hunted below many of them.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now and then I encounter a power line or other source that gives my Tesoros a bit of grief, but for the most part not enough to be an issue. Usually moving away a few yards solves the problem.
luvsdux

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Golden Umax never has problems around power lines. I had an Ace 250 that was unusable under the very same lines.

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Golden Umax never has problems around power lines. I had an Ace 250 that was unusable under the very same lines.

Thats good to know Chris, I am still baffled at what caused my Golden to go off.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't had any problems around power lines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions