Used Tesoro or Other Metal Detector

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 15 year old nephew with autism who is interested in metal detecting.

I've given him my old Harbor Freight metal detector as a starter. If anyone knows of a (cheap) good deal on used entry level detector (beep-beep-dig) or has one they don't use, please PM me.

With his autism, he likes tasks that are repetitive with easy to follow instructions and a tangible goal at the end - so he's really taken with metal detecting - especially looking for coins.

He's going to be visiting me in a week or so and I would like to surprise him with an upgraded machine if possible.

Thanks.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I smell a Compadre! Check the post there is the guy who is disappointed with his and thinking about a F2. Maybe he will cut you a deal.

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
Autistic people are very left-brain dominant. A detector with a screen and lots of info will satisfy his left-brain. A detector like a Compadre and most Tesoros, will exercise his right-brain. You be the judge.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both the Fisher f2 and the tesoro compadre would be great choices!

Compadre= beep and dig

F2= Visual display

Both of them are VERY easy to use and will find the goodies!

OP
OP
jfeeney

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the feedback and offers. The left brain/right brain issue is something that I hadn't considered. I'll be able to see how he detects - from swinging the coil, to pinpointing, and then extraction. Once I get a feel for how he works I can make a suggestion as to what his next upgrade should be.

He's found an axe head and square nails from an old barn site, so I know he he can find things.

Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread