Odds

Greenie
Aug 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger shark.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see where to start,

About 2 years ago, I bought a Tesoro Compadre, When I got it I spent all of 15 minutes putting it together, and then using it at my parents house. Then It got put away in a closet there, because a bid I put in to buy my own house was just accepted.

So here it is 2 years later and I'm all settled in my old 1910 farm house kinda in the city. And it dawned on me, this house been here a long time, theirs gotta be some old coins around this place, so I retrieved the forgotten pretty much new Compadre and started searching the yard for old coins. After a few days of searching finding old things, like suit case buckles (and yes I looked for buried suit case when I found that lol), assorted coins, the oldest being a 1959 penny. A 1950-60's toy cast metal car (VW beetle) assorted hot wheels. And 1 Big brass weight, I think it was surveys pendulum weight, and 50 1970's style pull taps. I was hooked lol.

So I ordered my self a Tesoro Silver Umax, figuring it was little better unit can probably go a bit deeper and maybe find them old silver coins I'm looking for.

Few days later it came by ups and since i had the day off, I had time to put it together and go out and the yard and try it out. And after about 20 minutes of digging up vary s pieces of aluminum siding scrap and them damn pull taps.

I was about to go back inside and get some lunch, when the Silver umax chimed again, Figuring it was other one of them damn pull taps, I hummed and hoed over whether to dig it up. Curiosity won over so I dug it up.
And I could not believe my eyes when I saw it there in the hole about 3 inchs down. No way that was real not in my own damn back yard, I pull it out and clean it off. It had a date of 2-14-81 and a nice 14k stamp on it.

ring1.jpg ring2.jpg

I musta sat there and stared at this thing for 5 minutes before I filled the hole back in.

A mens 14k gold ring, a pretty heavy one at that.

Few days later I had it checked out by one of the better jewelers.
About 11 grams of gold, and .25 carrot diamond in it.
They offered me 600$ for it. I put it in safety deposit box for now save it for a rainy day.
But yeah now I'm hooked for sure, since theirs so many little lakes and steams around me I could not resist, Tiger shark otw.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your first golden ticket, and many more! :occasion14:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope your heart is in good shape, because when you get the new Tiger Shark it's gonna be pumping the blood real fast when you see the rings it finds.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Great story Odd's and an awesome find. Good luck with the Tiger shark when it comes. Might be my next detector.

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find! Things like this just make me dig every beep!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread