Tesoro super traq starter detector or not?

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Sure why not. It has auto ground balance and you can coin shoot with it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great detector. Read about it here. Tesoro Electronics Lobo Super Traq Gold Metal Detector | Lost Treasure Online - Official Website of Lost Treasure Magazine

Join NRA.JPG

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LST is one of the better Gold Detectors and one of Tesoro's best and deepest. If you hunt Gold the LST is a good choice. But I think the Tejon maybe a better do it all land detector, and it is Tesoro's deepest. The LST has the option for a hip mount, but I have not found that too handy for me. Its also a little heavier than the umax series, and I have to use headphones that have a volume adjustment, as the volume is to loud for me with the Garrett 20 buck headphones. The pinpoint is a time saver, and one of my fav features. I wish my Golden had pinpoint. I purchased mine when I was in AZ, I like it, but it would not be my first choice if living outside of AZ.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I are starting metal detecting as a hobby. We would like to know if the Tesoro super traq is a good detector.

Regards,
Adam

Welcome from White Plains, New York! If you are going to be hunting gold nuggets 90% of the time, the the Lobo Super Traq is an excellent choice. If you are going to be hunting coins and jewelry 90% of the time - not so much. At 17.9kHz, the Lobo is VERY sensitive to big and deep iron, even using discrimination, and it will be hard for a new hunter to determine whether or not to dig. Why not start with a coin and jewelry hunter like the Tesoro Outlaw, operating at 10.6kHz, with a 3 coil bundle package (5.75”, 8”, 12”x 10”)? It will give you more options, and hit deeper in Discrimination mode. PM me, and I'll put you in touch with Rusty Henry at the factory. He is a personal friend, and I'm sure he'll be able to answer all of your questions. - Good Luck!

Nomadnailer

Apr 6, 2011
Montrose, WV
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i with dx-1 sunray probe, Whites xlt, Tesoro lobo st,
I started with the lobo st and love it, I live in WV and do a lot of relic hunting and it does well. Another thing that is nice is that you learn how a detector works and you don't have to upgrade later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread