Tesoro Cibola is a great machine.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got traded it here for my dads F4. which was a perfect trade imo. The pinpoint function on it is excellent, the duel freq switches are a plus at times and it's a super light machine. I have to say at some times i feel a little bit jealous its an awesome machine and i know ALL Tesoros are. period. Good price, Light, and quality built right in. I just got to highly recommend it for someone who wants to upgrade from a compadre, etc. On the field my dads Cibola and Tejon tear it up! I am glad i finally got him a tesoro. never cared much about the F series. As well, my dad has found a bullet for the first time in years with the cibola - compared to the white's blue and grey (good machine) (outdated) and has made him a true fan of Tesoro. ....I think i got a crush on treasure. I can only imagine how great the other machines work on the field. but i am going to stick to my tejon for a long time, the outlaw seems intriguing as well as the valquero.

:thumbsup:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a lot of great items with my Cibola. An underrated machine for certain.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Never tried the Cibola but hey, it's a Tesoro so it has to be great.
I love my Outlaw a lot and would recommend it.
The Tejon is my next land machine and I'm getting the Tiger Shark for Xmas.

I swear, if people gave these more of a look they'd save a lot of money. The only thing my old Explorer SE/Pro coil can do better than my Outlaw is a little depth. The Outlaw wins in every other category.
So after doing all my Tesoro reseach your Tejon is better in every category over the Explorer.

OP
OP
goldnrelics

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tiger shark will be great! neat to hear its better than the minelab. tesoros are built strong with QUALITY! i freakin love em

Cibola is deff underrated !!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep Ronzie you are gonna love the Tiger. I can't even begin to say enough good things about that beast. It doesn't miss a thing! In my opinion go with the 10" coil. You get better coverage and great depth. When you are on the beach or in the water your gonna want to keep the disc. at 3 or less. With that setting your gonna scoop anything that sounds good. It's not like land detecting where target separation with a smaller coil is needed, you are carrying a big sand scoop and once you get the hang of it it's all coming up in one scoop. You can do a manual target separation by looking in your scoop to see what you got.

I have a test garden that is about 10 months old with pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters buried at 4,6,8,10,12 inches deep. As the garden is still considered fresh with the ground matrix disturbed, detectors still don't get good depth in it. There is one exception and that is my Tiger Shark. In all metal mode it will hit all targets at 10 inches no problem and the 12 inchers are detectable but barely. This thing amazes me. For land hunting it is okay but not great. I say this because the disc. circuit does not disc out some trash items like pulltabs unless the disc. is cranked way up. You being an Outlaw user would have no problem seeing what I mean by this. If you are a dig it all guy I guess it would be super on dry land. I like to cherry pick on dry land so it does not suit my dry land hunting needs well. In the water or on the beach it is killer and that is what I bought it for. I have a Silver uMax for land and it does great and is one sweet cherry picker. I am still looking for a depth demon though for dry land.

Be sure to give Tom at Miller MDZ a call when you are ready to purchase. He will give you a good price and great service. He is also one of our great forum sponsors.

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really looking forward to Beach Hunting, was on the waiting list for the Stealth 720i Scoop, but since they cheapened their product instead of improving it, I am going to pass until I read some reviews. :(

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was really looking forward to Beach Hunting, was on the waiting list for the Stealth 720i Scoop, but since they cheapened their product instead of improving it, I am going to pass until I read some reviews. :(

Quit waiting and get a T-Rex! I have one and abuse the hell out of it prying rocks and clay. No bends, no problems what so over. I looked at the stealth also and had a Lake Michigan hunter tell me he didn't care for his. He said the narrow point is a problem for getting the scoop started straight on a hard surface bottom. Your foot has to perfectly centered on the back when pushing or your scoop will roll to the side. The T-Rex has a nice large foot area and I have had no problems with it rolling to the side when using it in areas with hard bottoms or rocks.

Sorry goldnrelics, didn't mean to get the thread off trac. If I see a too good to pass up deal on a Cibola I will snap it up instantly and hide it so my wife doesn't see it.!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got traded it here for my dads F4. which was a perfect trade imo. The pinpoint function on it is excellent, the duel freq switches are a plus at times and it's a super light machine. I have to say at some times i feel a little bit jealous its an awesome machine and i know ALL Tesoros are. period. Good price, Light, and quality built right in. I just got to highly recommend it for someone who wants to upgrade from a compadre, etc. On the field my dads Cibola and Tejon tear it up! I am glad i finally got him a tesoro. never cared much about the F series. As well, my dad has found a bullet for the first time in years with the cibola - compared to the white's blue and grey (good machine) (outdated) and has made him a true fan of Tesoro. ....I think i got a crush on treasure. I can only imagine how great the other machines work on the field. but i am going to stick to my tejon for a long time, the outlaw seems intriguing as well as the valquero.

:thumbsup:

Really glad your dad like it. :icon_thumleft:

Odds

Greenie
Aug 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger shark.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to chime in here about the Tiger shark, I have not used mine much on the beach so far, just no time to drive out there. But I used it quite a bit in the dirt at the local parks or farms I have access to, and I gotta say its not bad at all, I find alot clad coings with mine, few pocket knifes. keys, Nice gold looking pen (dont think it is) few shell casing, 1 light weight rock that makes it go off no clue what that is.
For the most part once you learn it, its not to hard to figure out what your digging, If the sound is not constant in all directions its probably one of them pop pull tabs or tin foil.

Them 1970's beer pull tabs all ways chime hard, just have to dig them, and Tin foil smashed thick will chime hard some time. Other than the thing gets heavy unless you belt mount it, I really like the tiger on dry dirt, and its got better depth then alot of detectors out there, I usually run mine in disc 4-5 in the parks, and disc 1-2 in cleaner farm land.
If I run all metal mode on the farmland, I'm digging shot gun bb after shot gun bb lol.

I have not found any silver or gold with it yet, but thats not the detector, its just me not having the time to use it more as I only get out for 2-3 hours a pop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread