Questioning between AT PRO and a Tesoro

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That being said give me you personal review of the Minelab 505.
If you go to the minelab section, I have a few reviews/impressions of the 505. I have found literally hundreds of coins at a school that I had thought I cleaned out with my Vaq. With the 505 you can run all metal and still have all the ID#s and know what's in the ground, rather than disc'ing out targets and masking other targets out along with it. I like to hear/see everything under the coil and then decide what to dig based on that. I have a pretty good idea now of what's in the ground before I dig. With my beep and dig no matter how often I 'thumbed the disc' I still rarely knew if it was iron trash, or a dime/quarter until I dug it. Even with only a 3 year warranty, I would buy another X Terra if mine were to break. After spending so much on my V & not being satisfied, I learned something: Don't buy a product because it has a lifetime warranty, it will do nothing for you if you aren't happy with the performance of said product. Lost over $200 when I sold my V.

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Well, after much research.. And mulling over the comments here.. I've decided on one I wasn't considering.. I just purchased from kellyco a Minelab Xterra 305.. I was really impressed by how much people loved this machine! And thought it would be the best for me at a decent price.. HH!!!

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
And I really appreciate every comment! Y'all have helped me with my decision very much!

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice detector, enjoy.

HH

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you will really like it! Let us know. Be sure to download digger's free e-book 'Understanding your X Terra' from the Minelab website. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions