My Sabre 2 is gettin a little long in the Sabre Tooth! Which Tesoro to buy now?

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Sabre 2 is gettin' a little long in the Sabre Tooth! Which Tesoro to buy now?

I love my Silver Sabre II, but I just sold my only other machine (Minelab) and need a new primary or back-up. I primarily hunt for coins and relics in Non-motion/All Metal and reverse discriminate on certain targets. I like to hear those faint deep signals that DISC mode can miss. I've narrowed it down to the Outlaw, the Lobo, and the Tejon.
The Outlaw worries me because of the single 9-volt battery. I doubt its power, though its features seem perfect for me.
The Lobo is a motion machine, but seems to have a reputation for impressive depth and I like its configuration.
The Tejon is designed for relic hunting and, if I heard right, the DISC knob can be clicked to the left, putting the machine in a non-motion/all metal setting.
Which one will pull the deepest Minnie?

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My experience with the Outlaw has been fantastic. I've used all three coils but the 8" concentric is the one I use the most. Good depth and no issues with from my perspective with the single 9 volt battery. Disc, All Metal no motion and motion work great.

OP
OP
Cycluran

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I'm wonderin' if the Outlaw will be any improvement over my old Silver Sabre II though.

My experience with the Outlaw has been fantastic. I've used all three coils but the 8" concentric is the one I use the most. Good depth and no issues with from my perspective with the single 9 volt battery. Disc, All Metal no motion and motion work great.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Outlaw is underrated and a SUPER coin hunter but, if you are looking for depth on a minnie-ball with the ability to discriminate, the Tejon beats the pants off both the Lobo ST (which goes into a factory pre-set ground balance when set to Discrimination Mode) and the outlaw. Personal experience with all three machines. Get the 12x10 to put on your new Tejon - Nirvana!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd have to agree with Terry. If your biggest concern is deep minnie balls and the like, go with the Tejon. For more general detecting, coins shooting etc. the Outlaw or the Vaquero would be good choices, but don't have the raw depth of the T.
luvsdux

OP
OP
Cycluran

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to you both. I'll be ordering the Tejon, with the 10x12 coil. For today though, the Sabre and I will be deep in ivy again later!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions