What do you want in the next Tesoro Models?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
No display, just knobs and switches, but a shallow water machine would be nice.
Still getting a Tejon and a Tiger Shark for fresh water diving but would really love a Tesoro model instead of me getting an AT Gold for all weather and creeks.

PLEASE TESORO, PLEASE!!!!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep your suggestions coming! Tesoro _IS_ paying attention!!!:icon_thumright:

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your suggestions coming! Tesoro _IS_ paying attention!!!:icon_thumright:

I know a lot of other people have suggestions too, so I'll shut up soon :laughing9: ... but since you mention it... I do have a couple other thoughts on this. Such as.... if they make multi tones, try to make them extend all the way to the detection depth limit, instead of making them stop at a certain point, the way they did with the Golden. That might be tough to do without software though (or would it??). Just a suggestion. It could make or break the success of a multi tone machine that really tries to go deep (and you know that's what everyone wants). What I did like about the Golden was that its multi tones still were analog instead of some computer generated bleep. So there was still information there beyond the audio pitch. And I probably said it somewhere before, but at least make it so you can switch off the multi tone and toggle to, oh I don't know, maybe 225 to 240 Hz audio.

Probably the waterproof to 10 feet thing is going to be a big recurring theme that people are looking for, analog machine or not. Something like a Tiger Shark that goes as deep as a Tejon, has easy-to-reach controls, a toggle switch or two, and operates at a silver frequency with an 11 or 12" DD coil... that would be pretty excellent.

If anyone wants more ideas, I have an article in the works that talks about some more of these things.

Last edited:

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can provide a unique prospective to Tesoro. I'm like a newbie. Never seeing or picking up one of these new type machines until a month ago. I left the hobby 20 years ago due to business and family. Like a lightening bolt out of the blue after watching the boys on televison with their new machines that had a low tone for iron and numerical readout. So I made a trip to my local shop. I saw all the new machines and choose to stick with what I know. I came home with a new Tejon. ...or hillbilly pronunciation ...TEE-JOHN !!!

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
Do we even know what kind of features the new one will have?

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think we will know that until it is released.

jarhead0341

Oct 12, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simplicity of the Compadre with max depth. The ultimate coinshooter!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like to see the simple shallow water detector, Lets say the Tejon with dual disc and water proof like the AT Pro. Now that would make me a happy camper. I like my T2 and don't know what if anything I would be willing to trade it for, but in reality I think the meter helps miss more stuff than it helps find. I dug a flat button today that wasn't all that deep but just would not give a good VDI lock. Very bouncy. Acted a lot like deeper can slaw. If I had not looked at the meter I would not have questioned whether to dig, I would have just dug. I went after the target due to the age of the site. I can turn the sensitivity down and get fairly close to the electric fence but the interference seemed to wreak as much or more havoc on the VDI as the audio. Good way to second check a signal but I personally feel like I rely on it too much.

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
If not totally waterproof, then maybe at least rain-proof, for those iffy-weather days that are only good for metal detectin.
Also maybe some kind of a telescoping pole so's it can break down easily and fit in a backpack.
I would call it "Montazuma's Revenge."

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Tesoro Bandolera

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've just bought my first Tesoro, a Compadre, and I know my next MD will be something that's an all-around type hunter that is waterproof. Leaning towards the AT Pro because I've used the AT Gold and I seemed to understand it and I wanted beach capabilities. If Tesoro made something similar in application I'd consider it even without the display and tones. I seem to be doing ok with the Compadre too so a screen has proven unnecessary. If they do make one I'd like to be able to use any headphone though without the special adapter. I was less than impressed with the build quality on the stock AT Gold headphones.

Oh and I prefer Cazador or Buscador over the suggested names as well. Probably lean more to Buscador since they already have two detectors with names that start with "C"

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a better name than any of these. The new Tesoro Buscador. That translates to treasure seeker or searcher. I think it's got a nice sound to it.
Better still just call it the Silver Searcher :laughing7:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Multi toned, two digit display getting rid of the need to thumb disk that doubles as a depth meter in pp mode. Lower shafts that don't feel like spaghetti noodles & knobs that don't wobble and feel like they were made in China by 8yo slave laborers.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multi toned, two digit display getting rid of the need to thumb disk that doubles as a depth meter in pp mode. Lower shafts that don't feel like spaghetti noodles & knobs that don't wobble and feel like they were made in China by 8yo slave laborers.

At no point have I ever thought of the knobs as low quality. They do not wobble unless for some reason you've let them become loose. In fact they seem better than the ones on just about any other detector I've ever used.

Considering you're using machines that also have plastic lower shafts, I'm not sure how it is you're seeing the Tesoro ones as "spaghetti noodles". Unless I'm just mistaken and you were trying to be humorous. Hard to tell.

Thumbing the disc knob works just fine for most of us. Only improvement would be Dual Disc. :thumbsup:

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always thought the build quality of a Tesoro was excellent. The T2 was well built too. I've had some pretty flimsy machines that felt like they were going to crumble in my hands. I hear White's are well built too, but I don't know first hand.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At no point have I ever thought of the knobs as low quality. They do not wobble unless for some reason you've let them become loose. In fact they seem better than the ones on just about any other detector I've ever used.

Considering you're using machines that also have plastic lower shafts, I'm not sure how it is you're seeing the Tesoro ones as "spaghetti noodles". Unless I'm just mistaken and you were trying to be humorous. Hard to tell.

Thumbing the disc knob works just fine for most of us. Only improvement would be Dual Disc. :thumbsup:
I guess I had the ONLY three brand new Tesoros w/wobbly shafts and knobs. Odd but must be true!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread