Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Its a good MD, but you might want to test drive it first. any good dealer will lend you one for the week end. ;)

Treasurecowboy

Feb 14, 2007
Del City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
We are new to this and were looking into purchasing a cibola, but opted for the Tesoro vaquero instead because the md dealer said that with the ground balance option, you can take your md more places and not lose depth. It's really easy to set the ground balance, and I learned by watching a how to on Tesoros web page. Hope this helps! HH Treasurecowboy & Ladybug

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my opinion, the Cibola is the best detector in the under $400 range of those that I am familiar with.

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro
Ive been a Tesoro Dealer for 25 yrs call me tomorrow after 10am central time at 405-685-3130 or 1-800-777-1799. Both the Cibola and the Vaquero are each the best for the money in my opinion along with many on this forum.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cibola is a good detector for the money but the Vaquero is deeper due to being able to ground balance it for the minerals in the ground. Preset ground balance detectors like the Cibola and ACE 250 are at a disavantage in most areas.

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
It is a different animal for sure!!!! But it's the only machine I use anymore. I didn't feel the need for a GB feature as my ground here in the NE is very neutral, so I picked up my Cibola last spring and VOILA!!! a machine that is incredibly accurate( I never use the red pinpoint button) descrimination is topnotch and this thing is lightweight and powerful. I had LCD meters before and found most of the time they just tend to confuse you- do you dig- is it a good signal?? blah blah blah. With the Cibola you set the disc where you want it and just swing. It beeps- you dig. Thats it. There you have it, the best,mostpowerful,lightest, easiest to use machine on the planet, that actually finds the goods period ;)
Have a nice day ;D
Greg

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my Cibola last weekend and let me tell you, it is one of the deepest machines that I have ever used. Turn on and go, and I will tell you that the Cibola has a faster sweep speed than the Vaquero. I dont care how you have to, but YOU should really get this machine. I have used it on the beach and on the fields and in the woods and have not had a problem yet with the factory preset ground balance. They balance it to be optimum for most locations anyway. BUY this detector and you will be VERY happy. It air test coins for me at 14''-16''. Go to metaldetectorreviews.com and read more reviews from Cibola owners.

OP
OP
D

disharoon

Hello, Thanks everyone for the wonderful information

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread