A couple weekend hunts with my Compadre

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few playgrounds this weekend with my new Compadre. First playground I went to was just two soccer fields and a tot lot. This place didn't seem to have too much traffic (or loot) but I did find a dog tag, Mickey, Chuck and Thomas. The only coin was a penny and lots of foil. So I left that park and headed to an older park in a neighborhood. This one was much better and I found a coin spill under one of those bars you hang upside down on. This is where the Compadre 5.75" lived up to its reputation. I was able to find coins between two big iron poles by listening for the double beep. Ended up with 3 quarters, two nickels, and a pennies there. Found the junk kids ring (that my daughter likes) right next to the metal pole at the bottom of the slide. :) It was dark by then and I determined to come back Sunday to check the grass area and the pavilion.
20131028_0926351_zps1bf58aef.jpg

Just an interesting testament to the sensitivity of the Compadre. I was getting a signal in the mulch at the first tot lot but my Pro Pointer couldn't find it. Did the handful in front of the coil technique and finally found this small, copper? staple. It rang hard too. I'm pretty confident I can find a small gold necklace with this machine.
20131028_0927121_zpsb8dccd5b.jpg

Sunday afternoon the kids and I went to the old park to find it crowded with a ton of people. Good to see it being replenished but bad situation for detecting. We hit plan B, a small church playground at my in-law's church. The basketball court area had a few pennies but the real good stuff was in the tot lot. The mulch area had some good coins but the grass area was were all the good stuff was. I had found a silver ring here before with a borrowed AT Gold. Anyway, other than some fence wire I found some good coins and my first dollar coin! A 2010 James Buchanan.
20131028_0949051_zps53ecc390.jpg

Had a great time and the kids had fun detecting and playing on the playground. Now I just have to carve time out to hit that old park again.

Thanks for reading!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a few playgrounds this weekend with my new Compadre. First playground I went to was just two soccer fields and a tot lot. This place didn't seem to have too much traffic (or loot) but I did find a dog tag, Mickey, Chuck and Thomas. The only coin was a penny and lots of foil. So I left that park and headed to an older park in a neighborhood. This one was much better and I found a coin spill under one of those bars you hang upside down on. This is where the Compadre 5.75" lived up to its reputation. I was able to find coins between two big iron poles by listening for the double beep. Ended up with 3 quarters, two nickels, and a pennies there. Found the junk kids ring (that my daughter likes) right next to the metal pole at the bottom of the slide. :) It was dark by then and I determined to come back Sunday to check the grass area and the pavilion.
View attachment 889989

Just an interesting testament to the sensitivity of the Compadre. I was getting a signal in the mulch at the first tot lot but my Pro Pointer couldn't find it. Did the handful in front of the coil technique and finally found this small, copper? staple. It rang hard too. I'm pretty confident I can find a small gold necklace with this machine.
View attachment 889991

Sunday afternoon the kids and I went to the old park to find it crowded with a ton of people. Good to see it being replenished but bad situation for detecting. We hit plan B, a small church playground at my in-law's church. The basketball court area had a few pennies but the real good stuff was in the tot lot. The mulch area had some good coins but the grass area was were all the good stuff was. I had found a silver ring here before with a borrowed AT Gold. Anyway, other than some fence wire I found some good coins and my first dollar coin! A 2010 James Buchanan.
View attachment 889995

Had a great time and the kids had fun detecting and playing on the playground. Now I just have to carve time out to hit that old park again.

Thanks for reading!
Hey great job with the Comp! There's no better detector for the price. Set the disc to the 'O' in foil and you will be pulling out those gold rings and missing the nails, etc...Keep us posted! HH

OP
OP
T

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply Atomicscott. I was running it between the I and R on IRON. I dig any solid sounding target and it's either been a good target or big trash. Anything that is weak, clicks or stutters I skip, unless I have lots of time and I'm curious. BTW I called the number on the dog tag and it is out of service.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply Atomicscott. I was running it between the I and R on IRON. I dig any solid sounding target and it's either been a good target or big trash. Anything that is weak, clicks or stutters I skip, unless I have lots of time and I'm curious. BTW I called the number on the dog tag and it is out of service.
Im sorry, i meant to say the 'o' in iron! Although gold rings, etc. will still ring in at the o in foil, just not the really small gold. The disc is very accurate on the compadre. You can be confident up to a good 6".

OP
OP
T

Talondale

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a visual find today during lunch detecting along the edge of a ball field.
sm_earring_zpsb62a651a.jpg

Unfortunately can't find a .925 stamp. Still pretty bling and will make a nice necklace pendant for my daughter.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! it is pretty! I was at a baseball field at a park 2 weeks ago, & ended up recovering a ring for a lady. Her daughter sat it on her gym bag, when she rolled her bag to the dugout the ring fell off. I found the ring, and the ladies son found an eyeball silver (didnt look like real silver) necklace on the ground. I spent so much time finding the ring that I didnt get a chance to hunt for myself! Knowing that 2 pieces of jewelry were found just the day I was there was very encouraging, and I also passed up alot of quarter/silver signals while looking for that ring! I need to get back over there! Keep up the good work, that gold/silver is just around the corner!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds.I would realy like a compadre.Just don't have the extra money for one right now.Hear nothing but good about them.HH.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a visual find today during lunch detecting along the edge of a ball field.
View attachment 891604

Unfortunately can't find a .925 stamp. Still pretty bling and will make a nice necklace pendant for my daughter.

It's funny what detecting does to you. You start looking down all the time, even when you're not detecting, and its amazing what you'll find just laying on the ground.

pristinelove89

Jul 30, 2013
I couldn't agree more with you, smudge. I was walking out of a grocery store, and there goes a ring just laying right on the concrete. I'm constantly looking down, and sometimes you get a surprise or two. You just never know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions