Headphones for Tejon?

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 & 5.75 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tejon users - I will shortly transition back to the World of Tesoro having gone temporarily mad and selling my Vaquero to try the Garrett AT Pro. I wanted waterproof(ness?) and the AT Pro is a really nice machine, but it is hard to unlearn the ways of the Tesoro. So, I have decided to pick up a Tejon (which is the machine I really wanted all along) but would like to know what, if any, headphones are the favorites among the Tejon users out there. I used Jolly Rogers with my Vaquero and they were great but thought I would seek opinions none the less.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer B's work well.

OP
OP
Dtektor

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry! That's 2 votes for Killer B's, 2 votes for Grey Ghost, 1 vote for Jolly Rogers (Ultimates). Have you used any of the Killer B "Optima" series models? I have been researching them and they seem like very good choices.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dtektor......sorry to get off topic, but have you used your tejon long enough to know how much deeper it is in good/mineralized ground over the ATPro.. I am thinking of buying one to rehunt my hunted out spots.....thanks

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry! That's 2 votes for Killer B's, 2 votes for Grey Ghost, 1 vote for Jolly Rogers (Ultimates). Have you used any of the Killer B "Optima" series models? I have been researching them and they seem like very good choices.

I use the hornets and they are very comfy with the leather muffs.

OP
OP
Dtektor

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiggerinVA: Sorry but haven't actually picked it up yet (this weekend hopefully). In fact I am trading my rather new AT Pro for the Tejon if all goes to plan.

OP
OP
Dtektor

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks happycamper08. It looks as though the folks at B&B have put allot of effort onto setting themselves apart from other brands. I liked my Jolly Rogers too but I want to step up a notch this time think.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To get great audio detector headphones should have a higher input impedance. At least 50 ohms or more. If I recall right the Jolly Rodgers have a low input impedance. I am sure they will work great but the really good ones usually have 75 ohms to 150 ohms.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions