weldor

Greenie
Jan 13, 2014
Missouri
Detector(s) used
1265-X, 1235-X, Garrett Groundhog Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, New member here with a question. Decided to get back into hunting again, pulled out my old 1235-X Fisher and put the batteries back in it turned it on all seemed to work ok then passed a coin under the coil and nothing, tried another coil and again nothing, apparently something has gone bad.

After about a weeks worth of research I've decided to try a Compadre to start off but the one thing I haven't been able to determine is if it has a volume control on it? Cant tell from the pictures, I normally use headphones but would like to have a way to control it on the machine.

Thanks for any info. and good hunting.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope , just one knob. It has the headphone jack so you can use your headphones, my wife just put some scotch tape on the speaker to keep it a little quieter. She loves her Compadre and has already scored silver and gold with it. It also comes with either the 5.75" coil or the bigger 8" which I wish I had gotten her instead.
Peace.

OP
OP
W

weldor

Greenie
Jan 13, 2014
Missouri
Detector(s) used
1265-X, 1235-X, Garrett Groundhog Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hobojo. I may have to rethink my choice and go up to the next higher model.

Aug 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm recalling this correctly, I don't believe the next model up (Silver uMax) has a volume potentiometer either. Actually, I don't know if ANY Tesoro has this ability; I could be wrong, but of the three I've played around with (Compadre, Silver, and Cibola) none of them have had this capability.

Garrett makes a decent and inexpensive set of headphones with the ability to control the volume right on the cans themselves. Why not consider this route? If you're hunting with a strictly tone-based machine, you'll probably want to use headphones, anyways!

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes thats correct, of the three Tesoro's that I own none of them have volume control. In fact thats my one request to them on the other thread " what would you like too see in a new Tesoro " and that would be a VOLUME control. I don't know about other brands but these Tesoro's are loud. But don't let that turn you away from the Compadre , you will LOVE that little guy. Their is NOTHING simpler to use and as good for the money!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread