Any more word on the "new" Tesoro machine weve been anticipating?

foiled_again

Jan 29, 2013
DFW area, TX
Detector(s) used
CZ7a, Compadre (wader mod), Land Ranger Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
maybe I will just buy the company and the mystery will be solved ! lol

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
:laughing9:This just in.....Tesoro technicians are working feverishly to change the stickers on the remaining golden uMax units still in stock, just in time for the release of the Cazador for the 2072 detecting season. :laughing7:

Seriously, I hope they come out with something outstanding instead of the same old, same old.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As you probably know by now that the Golden has been discontinued>

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They need to squeeze some more depth out of their machines I think to keep up as the H.O.T. circuitry was the last hop up a few yrs ago.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9:This just in.....Tesoro technicians are working feverishly to change the stickers on the remaining golden uMax units still in stock, just in time for the release of the Cazador for the 2072 detecting season. :laughing7:

Seriously, I hope they come out with something outstanding instead of the same old, same old.
Maybe another button or switch. YAHOO!

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see and would buy one of the following; a new gold detector improving the Lobo, that also had a manual ground balance option ...or a pi gold detector, possibly improving on the sandshark for small gold nuggets... I don't think they need to improve on Cortez or DeLeon unless they could make a bullet proof lens... Different tones, great... How about a Tejon that was sensitive enough for tiny gold nuggets?

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the best improvement to the Tejon would be a 10 turn GB pot. Maybe an option for 2 tone ferrous/non-ferrous, but other than that, it's already an awesome machine.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

it worked for Minelab when they replaced the Quattro with the Safari ... But I guess Quattro Dos sounds like a Tesoro!

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
I want to purchase another detector, so I'm waiting to see what Tesoro is capable of putting out before making a decision. While I like my White's machines, I will buy other brands that interest me. Show me something exciting Tesoro. The current lineup doesn't excite me.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I want to purchase another detector, so I'm waiting to see what Tesoro is capable of putting out before making a decision. While I like my White's machines, I will buy other brands that interest me. Show me something exciting Tesoro. The current lineup doesn't excite me.

I just hope they get it out by summer so we can use it before next cold winter and rainy season. If they could squeeze a little more depth out of one of their models would be nice. rwd mo

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't wait and just purchased a Tejon from Devilpookie! I have been wanting to have one when I hike into a ghost town for the first time this spring...

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently read an article on the release of the Outlaw. In it Tesoro stated that they wanted to reveal it to the public at the
Gold and Treasure Expo in 2012, well I just checked the schedule for the next Expo and that would be the 10th and 11th of May? Im not saying... BUT you never know! Maybe Mom would love a new Cazador for Mothers day?

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you find out shout loud and clear. rwd mo

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently read an article on the release of the Outlaw. In it Tesoro stated that they wanted to reveal it to the public at the
Gold and Treasure Expo in 2012, well I just checked the schedule for the next Expo and that would be the 10th and 11th of May? Im not saying... BUT you never know! Maybe Mom would love a new Cazador for Mothers day?
I could get one for my wife, she never used the outboard I got her a couple years ago...it comes in real handy on the driftboat!

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could get one for my wife, she never used the outboard I got her a couple years ago...it comes in real handy on the driftboat!

Lol!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy you guys sure are getting antsy! I'm sure it's coming BUT don't by any means try and hold your breath while waiting. Tesoro has one R&D guy. I will repeat one R&D guy on staff. You are not going to see anything anytime real soon. Yep, they make some great detectors in their current line up, but with only one R&D guy, making something totally new is about the equivalent of NASA getting a man on Mars next month. Sorry to disappoint, but that is just a fact. If you go to their site and view their staff, the one thing you will notice is the lack of any engineering department. Kinda hard to make something new and revolutionary without any engineering. Look at the Golden and the failure to fix a tone problem, that is a perfect example of lack of on staff engineering. I love Tesoro, but without anything new their future could be quite dismal. I for the life of me can't even begin to imagine how a detector company can survive today with no design engineers. Because of this I feel the next detector is gonna be the same old same old with a new knob. Despite this lack of faith of anything new and different, I will be ordering a Tejon real soon.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy you guys sure are getting antsy! I'm sure it's coming BUT don't by any means try and hold your breath while waiting. Tesoro has one R&D guy. I will repeat one R&D guy on staff. You are not going to see anything anytime real soon. Yep, they make some great detectors in their current line up, but with only one R&D guy, making something totally new is about the equivalent of NASA getting a man on Mars next month. Sorry to disappoint, but that is just a fact. If you go to their site and view their staff, the one thing you will notice is the lack of any engineering department. Kinda hard to make something new and revolutionary without any engineering. Look at the Golden and the failure to fix a tone problem, that is a perfect example of lack of on staff engineering. I love Tesoro, but without anything new their future could be quite dismal. I for the life of me can't even begin to imagine how a detector company can survive today with no design engineers. Because of this I feel the next detector is gonna be the same old same old with a new knob. Despite this lack of faith of anything new and different, I will be ordering a Tejon real soon.

Rainy, I really hope you enjoy the Tejon. As I said , the Vaquero and Compadre are my only experience with the beep & dig kings. The Vaquero has different disc circuitry than the Comp and I MUCH prefer the Comps disc. It seems that Tesoro is still a relatively small operation having a single R&D guy. I am hoping they will introduce a ground breaking new design that will interest me. There are many great multi tone, gb adjustable machines available at a reasonable price (regardless of display). So, it stands to reason that Tesoro could do the same and have multi tones, adjustable, GB, etc... for under $500, especially if there is no display involved. As I said time will tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread