Any more word on the "new" Tesoro machine weve been anticipating?

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon with its manual GB, dual disc and it's lower iron resolution is the best I have used around an Iron infested barn site... It is my newest and the one I will use most of the time... Take away the iron and heavy trash in good ground and the battery eatin minelab is a beast... The tiger shark for water, black sand...and the DeLeon as a backup/loaner! All of my detectors have different size coils, different strengths and weaknesses.... At this point I think I would regret getting rid of anyone of them...

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon with its manual GB, dual disc and it's lower iron resolution is the best I have used around an Iron infested barn site... It is my newest and the one I will use most of the time... Take away the iron and heavy trash in good ground and the battery eatin minelab is a beast... The tiger shark for water, black sand...and the DeLeon as a backup/loaner! All of my detectors have different size coils, different strengths and weaknesses.... At this point I think I would regret getting rid of anyone of them...
Wow have you ever tried a T2? I hear they kill in iron infested sites too. 99 cent store alkalines will get me well over 20 hours for 1 dollar (sometimes $2 depending on the selection available) with my X-Terra. Now that's a cheap date! So cheap I have a few 4 packs on hand at all times!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Scott. For me land detecting, I am usually on a mission to find silver coins. Not always, but usually. For me it is just a matter of setting the disc just shy of rejecting all below zincs. From there any clean signal from two directions 90 degrees apart is a digger. That is of course is if it also sizes up coin size while pinpointing. Doing this I can eliminate 90% of the trash. The only thing besides and odd ball coin shaped object that really fools me is a twist off wine cooler type cap that has both sides bent in. They are just the right conductivity and give a nice clean coin sound. So for me the already being really familiar with Tesoro and the single tone, the Tejon was an easy choice. Learning time will be minimal plus it is a deep detector. I did look at other known deep detectors like the F70, but it is half the summer spent relearning the new detector to get really good at it.

There is another post on this forum somewhere where a guy is testing large coils on a variety of higher end detectors and one was a 705. Gotta admit I was impressed with depth he got on the stock coil before adding the bigger SEF. Of course these were just air test, but none the less impressive.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow have you ever tried a T2? I hear they kill in iron infested sites too. 99 cent store alkalines will get me well over 20 hours for 1 dollar (sometimes $2 depending on the selection available) with my X-Terra. Now that's a cheap date! So cheap I have a few 4 packs on hand at all times!

About 4 years ago I had to design a battery voltage alarm for a micro processor that would give an LED indication when the batteries got below a certain voltage level. I went to the local Ace Hardware store and purchased their brand of akalines. I had a hell of a time getting them to drain down. I had to keep increasing the load and increasing the load, and it still took forever for me to get them to the voltage alarm trigger level I had set-up. I would leave the test set up overnight and come back and I wasn't even close. When all was said and done, out of curiosity I ran the test again on Duracell's and the Ace akalines were just as good and a lot cheaper.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Scott. For me land detecting, I am usually on a mission to find silver coins. Not always, but usually. For me it is just a matter of setting the disc just shy of rejecting all below zincs. From there any clean signal from two directions 90 degrees apart is a digger. That is of course is if it also sizes up coin size while pinpointing. Doing this I can eliminate 90% of the trash. The only thing besides and odd ball coin shaped object that really fools me is a twist off wine cooler type cap that has both sides bent in. They are just the right conductivity and give a nice clean coin sound. So for me the already being really familiar with Tesoro and the single tone, the Tejon was an easy choice. Learning time will be minimal plus it is a deep detector. I did look at other known deep detectors like the F70, but it is half the summer spent relearning the new detector to get really good at it.

There is another post on this forum somewhere where a guy is testing large coils on a variety of higher end detectors and one was a 705. Gotta admit I was impressed with depth he got on the stock coil before adding the bigger SEF. Of course these were just air test, but none the less impressive.

Im planning to grab the 10.5" dd soon. Its supposed to turn the XT into a "depth monster". Plus as you know, my ground phase numbers suck out here, a DD is helpful. All I use is the 6" HF DD now. Same with my Vaq, the smaller 6" DD coil was just as deep as stock, but miles better in heavy trash. I never used the stock coil again, other than testing. Hey those sony AA alkalines at .99 store rock. Easily over 20 hrs. I have only got one bad pack that got me about 10 hrs. Been using them about a year now though. I don't even think to waste money on Duracell or Energizer anymore.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live where the Duracell plant is that makes all of the C and D batteries for the world. Not always but some times through the years , duracell has made private label batteries for many companies. Ace Hardware through the years has been one of their Private Labels. The batteries are the same but say ACE and are cheaper

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish Tesoro would make a waterproof Pin pointer with a knob on the butt for sensitivity...

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live where the Duracell plant is that makes all of the C and D batteries for the world. Not always but some times through the years , duracell has made private label batteries for many companies. Ace Hardware through the years has been one of their Private Labels. The batteries are the same but say ACE and are cheaper

That would explain my test results! I wondered about that because I doubted Ace made their own.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never tried a T2...sounds like a good detector and I would probably like it... It is getting really hard to explain to my wife why I throw more cash at metal detecting...sometimes I just practice on you guys and if you buy my explanation, I try it on her...believe me she is a tough sell!:BangHead::laughing7:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never tried a T2...sounds like a good detector and I would probably like it... It is getting really hard to explain to my wife why I throw more cash at metal detecting...sometimes I just practice on you guys and if you buy my explanation, I try it on her...believe me she is a tough sell!:BangHead::laughing7:

Haha! Oh, I hear ya! I have the same problem. If I don't find a gold ring for her soon, I cant use that one anymore! Maybe I should just buy her another one, and tell her I found it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread