All Treasure Hunting

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pulling the trigger and ordering my Tejon Monday morning!

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of places are you hunting? .
i hunt areas open to the public... I have had no luck asking permission... My little rural community isn't much larger than it was when established in 1890... So there is some potential for old coins...I plan to vacation at the oregon coast and also try to get into a ghost town that is now forested and a little difficult to get to later this summer! When ever I hunt I get indications that I am not the first to detect... More nickels indicating high disc... No silver except when masked by trashy targets... That is where the Tejon gets good signals on keys, shotgun shells and lead all left by someone else and dug by me, occasionally revealing treasure!I also melt the lead for making bullets!

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today the old theater turned up a Moore Palace Vancouver Wash. 5 cent good for trade token... Won't photo well but readable and another indication I need to keep searching this area... The Tejon and 5.75 widescan ignores much of the junk that everywhere...

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm pulling the trigger and ordering my Tejon Monday morning!

Hey Rainyday, after your quest in finding the right detector for yourself, what made you decide to go for the Tejon? Let us know what you think of it when you get it!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Rainyday, after your quest in finding the right detector for yourself, what made you decide to go for the Tejon? Let us know what you think of it when you get it!

Hi Newfiehunter. As you know I spent all winter researching many many detectors. I was real close to pulling the trigger on a F70. I still don't think that would have been a bad choice. What turned me though was reading the ebook "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero". What I read just made sense to me, and seeing I am well acclimated to the Tesoro way and sound, it just seemed to make sense to stick with them. The learning curve will be short and quick for me with the Tejon.

When all is said done I wanted a detector that could get deep on silver. I know everyone says the silver is only 5 inches down, but by me I find late 60's coins at that depth. The soil in my area is about and inch or two of sod and nothing but sand below. The coins get deep in this sand and I wanted a detector that could get those deep silvers. I know the Tejon is technically a relic detector at a higher frequency, but a lot of people are doing well on deep silver with it. The reality is that if it only finds coins- it is a coin detector. Simple to use, light weight, depth demon, lots of performance without spending a $1000 plus and lifetime warranty just made the decision that much easier. Other detectors in the running were the Omega, Vaq, F70, 505, M6, and MX6. Actually after much research I think all of these detectors are probably good/great.

My new Tejon will be here on Thursday and I can't wait!

Last edited:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Newfiehunter. As you know I spent all winter researching many many detectors. I was real close to pulling the trigger on a F70. I still don't think that would have been a bad choice. What turned me though was reading the ebook "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero". What I read just made sense to me, and seeing I am well acclimated to the Tesoro way and sound, it just seemed to make sense to stick with them. The learning curve will be short and quick for me with the Tejon.

When all is said done I wanted a detector that could get deep on silver. I know everyone says the silver is only 5 inches down, but by me I find late 60's coins at that depth. The soil in my area is about and inch or two of sod and nothing but sand below. The coins get deep in this sand and I wanted a detector that could get those deep silvers. I know the Tejon is technically a relic detector at a higher frequency, but a lot of people are doing well on deep silver with it. The reality is that if it only finds coins- it is a coin detector. Simple to use, light weight, depth demon, lots of performance without spending a $1000 plus and lifetime warranty just made the decision that much easier. Other detectors in the running were the Omega, Vaq, F70, 505, M6, and MX6. Actually after much research I think all of these detectors are probably good/great.

My new Tejon will be here on Thursday and I can't wait!

Good Luck with your new Tejon! All the Best!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rainy congrats on the Tejon, hope you enjoy it.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rainyday,
If you are anything like me, the antisapation is killing you right now... :occasion14:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone and yes the anticipation is killing me! I am so busy I won't be able to get out with it until Sunday. Three kids in summer soccer league keep me running non-stop.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another wheat 1953s today... Trying out new deep woods headphones on Tejon... First target dug 10 ft from the car! Area I have hit ten times at least with different coils and detectors...these gray ghost phones have a freq response that matches the machine as well as impedance match... They fit so tight to my head I can't hear the probe and will need to switch to vibrate mode... The freq. response on my old phones covered the entire audio range and were perhaps thus allowing harmonics to be included in the sound... At any rate, the sounds are sharper and more clear for my old ears!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions