Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was recently spooked by someone who walked up on me while I was detecting at a school. It was all good except I did not hear him. So I started thinking " I don't ever want that to happen again ". A few weeks went by and my digging partner was trying to get my attention to share a good find , but I didn't hear her. Well I decided to investigate some other headphones.

My primary phones are the Grey ghosts which were purchased for about 100$
While searching Amazon I came across the Killer bees which are a one cup phone or one sided.
The price for the Killer Bees about 90$

t image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

My thoughts are that the Killer Bees are a lot better quality. I may upgrade to the full headphones in the future.
As for the sound they are about the same. Again the old saying plays true , " you get what you pay for " .

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes I just shorten up the ghosts all the way and pull one side up and in front of my ear if I need to hear what's going on around me..
perfectly comfortable.
i do like the look of those Bees though.
I have been wanting some headphones for hot weather. The ghosts get real hot!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hobojo

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the Ghost do get hot and sweaty.
I used the Killer Bees for a few hours today and here are some observations, the volume control has more tuning range, the switch has a nice rubber coating, the cord is better quality with a reinforced connection point, the ear cups are softer and the head band is of the same material.
The key thing about these guys is the one cup design, it works! Feels funny at first but you get used to it easily. The sound on the Killer Bees seems better, I know they both have the 150ohm speaker but it seems the Bees have more range. For the first time since I started detecting I was REALLY able to pick up on the very subtle differences in the signal. It was weird. The Ghosts just haven't been able to produce what I heard today.
All said I think these are great phones, and we Tesoro folks really need to be able to hear those small differences in the sound so IF you are thinking about new phones then give the Killer Bees Optima a try . Peace

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself did a lot of research on headphones because I didn't want something I didn't like or would buy another pair later after all the research I did it all shot down to
-detectorpro Black widows
-killer b wasps
I went with the killerb for many reasons wasn't that they were $15 cheaper that I didn't care about my reasons consisted of
-9' coiled thick rubber cord which gives you ample room to do anything,
-soft leather ear cups very comfortable for long hunts
- limiter switches that lock if u bump into a branch they won't switch,
-duel volume controls that click to kinda lock in at ur choice ( so u could turn an ear Down or off if u wantd to hear ur partner)
-2 year parts & labor warranty
After using them I'm very very happy with them & this is coming from someone who has had wireless headphones for quite awhile

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread