New Tejon deep sounding target

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Testing out new Tejon in my back yard. Got a good repeatable signal not very loud. Dug down two feet and I am still getting this signal. Tried with my silver umax max sens., nothing.
Enlarged the hole checked with Garrett pro pointer at two feet nothing. Rebalanced Tejon even with the discrim all the way up I still get this signal. Repeatable not very loud. I'm stumped. I would have to really enlarge that hole and dig deeper to see what it is.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you are a collector of big iron relics I would stop digging. Even the mighty Tejon isn't going to detect a coin 2 feet down. However, there is always the remote chance of a cache, so...??

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gone deep with Tejon, but as stated, that may just be big iron at that depth. However, The beep strength in loudness is a nice feature that actually helps to approximate depth. Not very loud repeatable beep usually means deep. I am one of those stubborn people though, when I get super deep like that, I have to know what it is. That is just me, as you are already 2 feet in.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you imagine being in Europe getting a signal like this and it's unexploded WW2 ordnance?

Be careful dude, could be ANYTHING.....

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could be an old lead sewer pipe leading to an abandoned septic tank. Or, underground elec, phone lines.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That deep you need a permit to dig around here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread