Bandido II u Max

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I purchased a Bandido II in February and I was happy to find one. When it got here I took it to the beach to hunt just before Spring Break to get use to it and I found that I just hated it. It had a erratic threshold and I was picking up the smallest bits of iron no matter what I set the disc on. So I sent it to Tesoro to be fixed. I also made up my mind just to hunt Spring Break with my Silver. After a couple of weeks the Bandido II was back from Tesoro with a note from Rusty telling me what he had done and also that I need to have a good demo because I never received one. He gave me his number if I had questions and a quick set up sheet. I just thought to myself ok and just put the Bandido II in the corner, I hated it that much. I just kept using my Silver, love that detector. One day it was raining and I could not get out to hunt and I took the Bandido out of the corner to find out how it worked. I got some clad, pull tabs, bottle tops and some other miscellaneous metals. I also thought the headphones I had on the Bandido II was one of the problems so I put on a set of Killer B's I had. I started going thru all the things I had to test the disc with and found that I never had the disc up high enough to get rid of the iron, mistake number one on my part. I found where gold fell out at and nickels and also pull tabs. I also found out that if I ran the disc at 5 I would just find quarters, dimes and pennies. After that I read the quick set Rusty sent me and tried it out a few times and read it over again. Mistake number two not really taking the time to learn how to gb. So I made up my mind to leave the Silver home for the rest of Spring Break :cry: . With the Bandido II I found about $110 in clad and this 2 gram 14k band. Just took a little more time to learn the Bandido II and to put my mistakes behind me. I love this detector just as much as my Silver now .

Attachments

• 111_0040.JPG
    111_0040.JPG
    296 KB · Views: 112
  • 111_0041.JPG
    111_0041.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 110

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know a man in North Georgia who hunted civil war. He did so well and found so much that he had to build a building to put it all in. What was his detector of choice ? You know the rest.... it was a Bandido II uMax with a 11" wide scan coil.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good example of why one needs to take the time to get to know each detector. Manual ground balance machines have the edge in mineralized ground, but if not balanced correctly they may perform poorly.
luvsduc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread