Tejon will arrive soon!

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been enjoying my Tigershark , I purchased it two years back and have only been to a salt beach once but it is a heck of a rainy day detector... So I went for the Tejon knowing I would only go on a prospecting trip in mineralized soil once or twice maybe and the rest of the time would be relic and deep coins... I have been planning to visit a rather hard to get to ghost town, and whenever I go on a hunting trip, I take two guns... I am pumped... Do you have any advise on the Tejon that would be different from lessons learned on Tigershark...:coffee2:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Hot zone

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.losttreasure.comc/content/archives/tesoro-electronics-tejon
You'll love it. Try to get the Clean Sweep Coil for it for zipping through the dry sand. It pinpoints off the toe or heel real fast and you don't even need to use the pinpoint.
Thanks Sandman, I first need to sell my Minelab... because I learned on a Tesoro Inca with manual ground balance in 1982, I don't see a need for my ID machines... Besides my 18 inch double D on the Quattro is like swinging a brushcutter in blackberries!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"two guns" is the way to go.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to Amazon and download the book "Mastering the Tesoro Tejon and Vaquero" It cost $9.95 and is a download for a kindle. If you don't have a kindle they have a fee app that is a kindle reader for a PC. This book will tell you everything you could possibly need to know about using a Tejon. It is an easy read and about 100 pages. Best book I ever read.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good link, I believe that was written by Sven, an avid Tesoro addict and user. That is also a great read!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been enjoying my Tigershark , I purchased it two years back and have only been to a salt beach once but it is a heck of a rainy day detector... So I went for the Tejon knowing I would only go on a prospecting trip in mineralized soil once or twice maybe and the rest of the time would be relic and deep coins... I have been planning to visit a rather hard to get to ghost town, and whenever I go on a hunting trip, I take two guns... I am pumped... Do you have any advise on the Tejon that would be different from lessons learned on Tigershark...:coffee2:

I have a Tiger Shark also. If you want deep- put the Tiger in all metal, ground balance, and hunt with threshold background. Listen for any variations in threshold and dig. The depth will amaze you! I will be getting a Tejon soon, but I doubt it could beat the Tiger setup like this. My test garden is still pretty fresh and detectors struggle with 6" targets. The Tiger in all metal with threshold can detecting every coin at 12". You have to listen, but there is a definite change in threshold. It is impressive.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip Rainday on the Tejon book. Always trying to learn.

I am lucky in having one of the older Tiger Sharks with the changeable coils. I rebought the Clean Sweep Coil from a member here.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the tip Rainday on the Tejon book. Always trying to learn.

I am lucky in having one of the older Tiger Sharks with the changeable coils. I rebought the Clean Sweep Coil from a member here.

Your welcome Sandman! Actually I was not the first to find it. I saw it briefly mentioned on one of the forums and checked it out, them bought it right away. Best dam book I ever read. I learned soooo much reading that book. My mind was pretty much set on getting the F70 until I read that book. Now it's Tejon time. I got a great price from a forum sponsor and just need to wait a couple of weeks before I can buy. Can't wait!

OP
OP
Hot zone

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it! Wow, got it figured out in no time for coins... Run disc 1 a notch below 5cent and thumb slightly to check nickels and disc 2 on scap To isolate big coins...I like the adjustable tone about 3:30...
All metal is really sensitive!

OP
OP
Hot zone

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hot Zone I am glad you are loving the Tejon. I will be getting one real soon. I just talked to Rusty from Tesoro today and can't wait to get one. It is quite impressive how much time the folks at Tesoro will take to talk to you about detectors, football and anything else. They are just a great bunch of people who fully understand the meaning of Customer Service and who truly value new and existing customers.

OP
OP
Hot zone

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot Zone I am glad you are loving the Tejon. I will be getting one real soon. I just talked to Rusty from Tesoro today and can't wait to get one. It is quite impressive how much time the folks at Tesoro will take to talk to you about detectors, football and anything else. They are just a great bunch of people who fully understand the meaning of Customer Service and who truly value new and existing customers.
the Tejon has the ability to quickly disc and pinpoint while providing a good manual GB...I can really hear the scratchy rusty tone of bottle caps now that I have been using it a month... The area I have been working lately is quite large without a lot of signals and that is where the clean sweep really increases the finds for the time spent... I had been all over it a couple times with the minelab with 18 inch coil and the clean sweep is so much easier to swing... I have turned up a few clad coin spills that I must have mistaken for buried aluminum cans with the Quattro, that's all I can figure... I think part of the reason I like Tesoro is the automatic dig mode I go into hearing the right sound... I am not wasting time swinging back and forth trying to decide and I am not mad when it turns out to be junk, I am already digging another hole!
Let me Know how you like it...

Jolly Roger Blue

Jan 18, 2014
Hurst, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Freedom ACE 2, GTA 500, ACE 250,Tesoro Silver U Max, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max…
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of typos on the Tejon tips and tricks. The explanation on ground balance sucks. Is there a good video on this?

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will try to help you with the ground balance. I just went through that ordeal myself.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cut your sensitivity way back to five or so. Don't scrub the ground with the coil. hold it off the ground just a half inch or so. adjust g.b. in all metal , The tuning g.b. pod/knob is very sensitive , turn the g.b. in terms of a thousandth of an inch at a time. the knob is very sensitive. Once adjusted , turn your sensitivity up slowly. It takes a while to get the hang of that Tejon , I was ticked off at first but would not trade off for anything now. I have other detectors but will never sale the Tejon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread