Tesoro detectors - Im intrigued....

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I dig zincs for a couple reasons.
One is money, I have dug enough to pay for a few nice dinners for the wife and myself over time, and I am in this game for the exercise too so I don't mind.
Two, gold.
On my Fishers with screens even big gold is usually at the lower end of the zinc range like at high 40's/low 50's numbers vs. 59-62 where a regular zinc cent comes in, but on my Tesoros that zinc area seems to have a little less range so I dig all zinc for sure just to make sure I don't miss anything yellow.

Then there are these 2 targets that I found with my F2 that came in EXACTLY at the same 61 number where a normal zincoln does and fooled and surprised me completely...but I am sure glad I dug them.

One is a rare token and supposedly only 5 or less are known to exist, and the other was this very thick silver men's bracelet.
Due to eddy currents and how detectors perceive chains even silver chains will rarely show up high like coins and bigger rings usually do.

Because of these 2 targets, plus gold and Indian Heads also, I just can't avoid digging those zinc signals whenever I come across them and probably never will.

Attachments

• all zinc cool.jpg
    all zinc cool.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 87

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Like I always say, dig all your juice or you'll never know what you just walked by...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread