First hunt with the Compadre. Man Terry, YOU WERE SO RIGHT! I am sooo stupid! WOW!

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, WHY didn't I do this YEARS ago? I can't BELIEVE the time I've wasted on those STUPID TID machines. Grrrrrrrr.

Took the little Compadre out to areas I thought I've hunted out and I am speechless! EVERY time I swung that little 5.75 inch coil, I invariably dug up silver coins! I dug so many holes that the area is now cordoned off with Caution Do Not Enter tape by order of the Milwaukee Police, OSHA and FEMA.

I didn't have to dig -all- of them as to my surprise, there were silver coins digging -themselves- out of the ground! Lady Liberty, draped-bust girl, Barber lady, George Washington, FDR, Ben Franklin, that liberty guy who stands up on some coins, that liberty guy who walks around - to my astonishment ALL were clawing their way to the surface of the ground once they knew I was there with that little Tesoro. They KNEW they didn't stand a chance.

There were also people walking up to me and handing me their clad pocket change! I made enough money in 15 minutes to pay for 10 Compadres and 5 years of 9v batteries. My pouch became so full of coins, I had to walk back every 5 minutes or so and dump them in the trunk of my car.

While I was walking back to the car to call it a day I got one more strong signal. I dug down 45-50 feet or so and all I found was an old BB. My hands, back and knees were so tired of digging silver coins I didn't have the strength to dig any deeper. I must go back after the Army Corps of Engineers gives it the thumbs-up and recheck that hole!

All I can say is I am SO sorry I've wasted 20 years of TH'ing with those heavy, useless TID machines. I can't imagine everything I must have passed up back in '92 when I had that Eagle Spectrum. Ugh. If I only had a Tesoro back in '83 instead of those damn Coinmasters I could've retired at 20 years old and solved the worlds' hunger problems.
Ok, I lied a little. But I did get my Compadre and it is a fun little detector. Love the old school sensibilities. Had to chuckle at the post-paid warranty card and 1 page manual. Everything about it is a keeper. I'm not even going to re-purpose the box as it's so damn cool! Seriously awesome, and I mean it. Found about $1.50 in clad and some other assorted junque but I can tell I am going to enjoy this little machine immensely. First things first... A sensitivity mod forthcoming....

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 130
  • mixed_silver_coins_in_pile_5_.jpg
    mixed_silver_coins_in_pile_5_.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 128
  • us-90-s-mix-pile_1.JPG
    us-90-s-mix-pile_1.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 135

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude seriously ? Hope you washed that bed covering before you put your new TESORO on it, yuck! Or should i say Milyucky?

discn

Aug 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
my sixth sense and a shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Compadre is a great detector . IMO everyone should have one.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all in the fun we have with this hobby. Tesoro's Rule the fun.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If our ONLY criteria is fun - the Compadre fills the bill very, very well.
luvsdux

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, after 7 weeks of hunting local beaches with my Sand Shark and only finding numerous clad and 1 Silver Pendant to show for it, I decided to try my Compadre for the first time at the beach today. The Compadre actually did o.k. in the high damp sand as it did not false until I hit the wet stuff and then not nearly as much as the old F2. Anyway, I moved up top to the dry sand to test the discrimination out and about 3 minutes in I got a nice hit. One scoop of sand later and I had my first nice beach find with the Compadre. Looks to be about 1/3 carat which I will take to my jeweler in the morning to confirm it's worth. Today was a great day at the beach as I found loads of clad in the water with the SS and this nice piece of ice (sitting on the handle) up top...
Diamond Earring on Delray Beach.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread