OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the ATP to try and really learn how the sucker works. I am not a big fan of screens. But my go to detectors for land are better units. I love my Sov GT but it is lots heavier and more than one frequency. But now that summer is here I will be using my main water detectors.

Fella, you must have used lots of time to find all those quotes. Time you should have been used detecting.:laughing7:

Last edited:

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank You everyone. I downloaded the book. Been reading it fowards and backwards on an I Pad. I went out today. The Vaquero stayed in its bag. Everything is coming together with the Tejon. I was able to get it to run more stable in all metal which is what I am needing it do hunting cleaned out civil war camps.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have an ATP to compare and I am sure someone will think to straighten me out, but I think a Garret designed as a gold detector would be a good comparison for sensitivity... A Garrett gold scorpion stinger with stock coil in all metal reacts just audibly to three birdshot #6 cluster held up to the coil... While the Tejon, a relic detector with 5.75 widescan in all metal hits on one #6 and in fact in disc mode set to disc iron, hits loudly with only one #6 birdshot and held an inch away...on the otherhand my minelab Quattro a coins jewelry machine with a 5" nugget coil needs 6 birdshot to get a response in all metal... I am real happy with my Tejon and the insight gleaned from the book!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was on the fence between two detectors. This book changed my mind. Will have a Tejon inbound shortly!

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read the book again and again. Sometimes what you think you know, you need to relearn so it sinks in.:laughing7:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've read the book again and again. Sometimes what you think you know, you need to relearn so it sinks in.:laughing7:

Yeah, I need to read this book again. Even non-Tesoro users need to read this book. It's a real eyeopener.

tabman

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone sell a hardcover version of this book?

If you download the file in Amazon Kindle format to your PC, you can then use another program to convert it to .pdf so that you can print a hard copy for backup purposes, or so you can read the book any time without needing to rely on an electronic device (possibly with a very small screen) or an electrical outlet/battery. Directions on how to do this are here:

How to Convert a Kindle ebook to PDF | Digital Trends

I'm running Windows 7 and just followed these instructions - appears to have worked GREAT!

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you download the file in Amazon Kindle format to your PC, you can then use another program to convert it to .pdf so that you can print a hard copy for backup purposes, or so you can read the book any time without needing to rely on an electronic device (possibly with a very small screen) or an electrical outlet/battery. Directions on how to do this are here:

How to Convert a Kindle ebook to PDF | Digital Trends

I'm running Windows 7 and just followed these instructions - appears to have worked GREAT!

I had to have my laptop repaired an had Windows 10 installed. I hate it!!:BangHead:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep telling myself that I'll NEVER go beyond Windows 7. ...I actually "do" hope I'm right on this, as I really, REALLY do not like where Windows is going. Everything is getting to be too automated. My "new" truck is a 2004 and I hate it! Wanna go back before onboard computers and all - back when radios actually had knobs on them. I've never had to use anti-lock brakes in my life. Not once! Don't need some computer chip or sensor to tell me it's getting dark outside and to turn my lights on.

...Sorry for the rant. However, were it not for the advent of technology, this book WOULD be sold as an actual book - one that you could write notes in and dog-ear the pages!!

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....My "new" truck is a 2004 and I hate it! Wanna go back before onboard computers and all - back when radios actually had knobs on them. I've never had to use anti-lock brakes in my life. Not once! Don't need some computer chip or sensor to tell me it's getting dark outside and to turn my lights on.

...Sorry for the rant. However, were it not for the advent of technology, this book WOULD be sold as an actual book - one that you could write notes in and dog-ear the pages!!

The new cars are a greater hassle to repair, but they get better mileage and performance, and with care, they'll often go 200,000 miles without a problem! Pretty cool, if you ask me. My daily drivers are modern, but a few of my toys are ancient. I have a stock '31 Model A coupe that's a blast to play with and even gets decent mileage...but I sure wouldn't want to drive it more than 50 miles at a time in modern traffic. ^_^

As for that Vaquero / Tejon book, I'd be all over a paper version of it. Something about a real book that's lasting and well...real. ^_^

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
In my .pdf format, it ended up being 279 pages. ...Always liked the LARGE PRINT versions better anyhow. :laughing7:

So for about the cost of a ream of printer paper, I could print the book out. ...Ok, plus the cost of a binder. Fortunately my printer does frint and back printing without the hassle of having to re-feed sheets in.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Buddy, I KNOW that my Tejon has good depth and sensitivity, no dispute there. I just find my ATP to be easier for a lesser skilled hobbiest like myself to interpret quickly, with additional information. I have the Kindle download on my computer and I bought the E-book. I have barely looked through it and it is still that way. If I suck with the Tejon, actually I'm not that bad with it, it is my own fault for not studying and using the machine more. I am taking university classes and my cranial capacity is limited, lol. I just bought that new RSD coil for it a month or two ago and have used the machine once or twice in a field with it. I am waiting for time between school and or work to take this set up to a well beaten spot that sometimes still spits an oldie from the depths. The spot is quite mineralized so the RSD -DD coil should be interesting to test out there. I have no idea when and if I will have the time to get better with the Tejon, it will be as time etc. dictate, plus when I feel like concentrating on the kindle book. I used the Tejon in the past to find deep wonderful fur trade relics, from sweet mild soil, so the machine is a keeper for me in that regard, and I have used it to spank old house yards. But the ATP is so easy and gets decent enough depth for me that it is usually in my hand. I am also getting a bit more into water detecting and the ATP works for my shallow depth fresh water hunting. I do not kick sand on either machine, but some applications shine more than others for me. The ATP stays behind when in fur trade relic country or I am trying to work the last inch out of a well beaten spot.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread