luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used it a bit with good success. Main concern is the disc mode is a preset ground balance so in some areas it may be far enough off to cause falsing.
luvsdux

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As Luvsdux says, as soon as you go into Discriminate mode, it switches to a pre-set ground balance. I found that this cut effective depth way down from All Metal mode. I still found a lot with it, but eventually I switched to the Vaquero for coin and jewelry shooting with discrimination. For gold nugget hunting - which it was designed to do, the Lobo Super Traq is a killer.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find I am not as annoyed with falsing with Tesoro after using the Quattro in relic mode with ferrous sounds... That was just to annoying around iron trash... I tried is so much because it is useful for sq tabs, but now the real benefit is I can handle more falsing and adjust man ground balance somewhat neg to get more depth! I do not like the auto gb on my DeLeon because of the fixed gb in disc mode either, because there is nothing you can do when the falsing gets really bad, except lower sensitivity and maybe max out the disc, otherwise it is like my other tesoros as long as I listen and ignore the readout ...

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love my supertraq,awesome coin machine and gold but the best meteorite machine out there.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread