Help

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I turned on my detector it tested the battery as described in the manual...but when I have it in all metal mode it constantly beeps (maybe sensitivity or false signals?)...not a solid signal though....I took 2 of my silver eagles and got a solid hit on both of them...but I turned the knob up to iron and the constant beeping I was getting on all metal mode goes away but I still got solid hits on the coins. Is this normal?

Last edited:

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you near some emi? Don't forget the smart phone in you pocket.

OP
OP
T

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah yes I had my phone in my pocket DUH. I wasn't even that far away from the house anyway.....just when I knobbed it up to around iron level the beeping went away.....I know it hits damn hard on a silver eagle....I tested 2 of them on even ground and it was directly hitting in the center of the coil every time. If I still get the constant beeping in all metal mode I will just search around the iron level..that seems to work really well. Thanks for replying to this man. I am still learning this machine

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not just the phone in your pocket but electric dog fences, microwaves, anything electrical. Read this link. Electiical Interference Its written by Fisher but applies to all metal detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread