compadre

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
compadre & meteorites

I've been using my suprtraq for hunting meteorites,best machine..I thought the compadre with ed-180 disc and 12khz would work great and should.But it will not hit on a meteorie period.Even my ace 250 which is not a meteorite machine will hit on a couple very high iron meteorites.I'm wondering if my compadre accidentally got the ed-120 pot.Anyone use a compadre for meteorite hunting.It should excell at it.

Last edited:

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No answer to your question, BUT just curious, where do you find meteorites? In the desert? I would assume they are everywhere?

OP
OP
supertraq

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in pensacola fl.They are in your yard I'm sure.

Last edited:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't mean this to belabor the obvious or imply you have to be mistaken, but I'm assuming you made sure the Compadre was in all metal and no disc. set? I'm saying this because, like you, I'd think it would work just fine. I wouldn't think it'd have the ed120 pot, but stranger things have happened I suppose.
luvsdux

OP
OP
supertraq

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea minimum disc and no beep.my soil is very mild also.Don't make since.It should be a meteorite machine par none.I think the pot may be a little off.You can manually hold it tight like your going to turn it off and it starts to become positive to a meteor so that leads me to think i need to send it in with a small meteorite and get them to adjust.only had it less than week though so i'm gonna have fun with it for awhile.

Last edited:
OP
OP
supertraq

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using my supertraq for hunting meteorites,best machine..I thought the compadre with ed-180 disc and 12khz would work great and should.But it will not hit on a meteorie period.Even my ace 250 which is not a meteorite machine will hit on a couple very high iron meteorites.I'm wondering if my compadre accidentally got the ed-120 pot.Anyone use a compadre for meteorite hunting.It should excell at it.

Found this and tuned it.It is hot as heii now.Tesoro Compadre, ground balance and power balancing ... I went over all three pots and it is extremly deep on nickels now,meteorites now it is my hottest machine...

OP
OP
supertraq

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't help it,dang i was skeptical of all the ho ha over the compadre,well I am now a believer..It goes beyond best bang for the buck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread