Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Ok.....Tesoro it is. But from WHOM does the TNet consensus
recommend I purchase from? I notice not all TNet advertisers
are Tesoro dealers.
My plan is to buy the Tejon, the Vaquero, & the Outlaw and then
use the power of "The Force" (learned as a padiwan of Yoda) to
combine the machines into one.:laughing7:
Oh, and by the way, why did they pick the name "Outlaw" anyway?
Isn't there a Spanish word for "Outlaw"?
Seriously, though....who best to purchase a new Tesoro from?

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ok, Ok.....Tesoro it is. But from WHOM does the TNet consensus
recommend I purchase from? I notice not all TNet advertisers
are Tesoro dealers.
Seriously, though....who best to purchase a new Tesoro from?

I got mine from Kellyco. Ordered it at their website and it was on my doorstep two days later.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK...... here goes. I would search recent posts on Kellyco. We have many great supporting vendors and I do personally hate to say anything negative without having first hand knowledge. But walks like a duck and talks like a duck and you know the rest. Seems like I have read at least one post this week on some really shabby customer service (think it was on a demo), and several others in the past. Not trying to stir the pot, but don't want to see members put in a bind when spending their hard earned dollars. Again this is not based on my personal experience, just suggesting you investigate a little first.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try to find a local dealer for Tesoro's even if you have to drive a ways. This way you know the detectors work and you get to carry it home and not subject yourself wondering if the detector got thrown around at Kellyco or by the UPS. I've had a few detectors arrive acting funny an you don't wanna be wasting your time swinging one that isn't running up to specs.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If you can find a local dealer who can match Kellyco's price, go for it. Good luck with that.

I don't understand the worry about receiving a defective machine. If it doesn't work properly Kellyco will grab another one off the shelf and replace it.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
pyro,

I've received GREAT service in relation to purchases from both Kellyco and metaldetector.com as well as GREAT information from Keith at Ft. Bedford. Good luck with your new machines wherever you decide to purchase.

p.s. "Bandido" is Spanish for "Outlaw"

X_Marks_Spot

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, White's, Bounty Hunter, Tesoro, Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Other
If you require assistance or have any questions about any of our product give me a shout

Please by all means if there are any discrepancies to please contact us immediately. We will gladly correct any issue as soon as possible. Just ask for me Mark on the test team. If grave matter then don't hesitate to reach out to our Director in sales Gene K. at [email protected]

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco Should do you well ! They are a Sponsor here,
And if anything were to go wrong, You have the Support of the forum as a Whole.

Ignore the Sour Grapes comments about Kellyco
it's usually born from Jealousy over their ability to give great deals
local dealers can't/won't compete with.

of course visiting a local dealer if you have one,
in order to handle the machines before Buying from one of our Sponsors,
would not be a bad idea. local dealers are good for that :laughing7:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco ships on average 600-800 packages a month, their problems to total sales ratio a month is extremely low...

Remember most people don't report when there are no problems but almost every one reports when there is an issue.....

I have bought from Kellyco many times, never had an issue....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find a local dealer who can match Kellyco's price, go for it. Good luck with that.

I don't understand the worry about receiving a defective machine. If it doesn't work properly Kellyco will grab another one off the shelf and replace it.

Tesoro sets the minimum price on the machines and EVERYONE sell them for that. If you want junk add ons kelly co is the place otherwise I would hit up any of the other sponsers of the forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can forgo the extras in exchange for something you want more..

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
FedEx'd my SovGT to Kellyco on Wednesday @ 12:30pm and received it back fully serviced today, Saturday @ 3:45pm. Service Tech Barry is to be commended for his professionalism during our two phone conversations, his prompt service and his attention to detail during the tune-up of my GT.

Thanks Kellyco and Thanks again Barry!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FedEx'd my SovGT to Kellyco on Wednesday @ 12:30pm and received it back fully serviced today, Saturday @ 3:45pm. Service Tech Barry is to be commended for his professionalism during our two phone conversations, his prompt service and his attention to detail during the tune-up of my GT. Thanks Kellyco and Thanks again Barry!
May I ask what was wrong with the Sovereign that prompted the need for a tune up?

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Seems it had some corrosion across 3 pots and the wire ribbon that caused a constant false when I turned it on.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the one downfall of the sovereign. I wish they would bring it back in a waterproof to 10' housing on the same straight shaft setup. The Excal has to be hipmounted or put on aftermarket shaft to be halfway decent to hunt wet sand. The GT has perfect balance IMO. I keep speaker taped up and try to bag the control box, but salt air will still find its way inside controls.

Last edited:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I already have the speaker taped with blue painters tape and plan on placing the control box in a water resistant sling bag I have from now on when beach hunting. That should keep the salt air and any sea spray off the unit while making it even lighter to swing. We'll see...

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro sets the minimum price on the machines and EVERYONE sell them for that. If you want junk add ons kelly co is the place otherwise I would hit up any of the other sponsers of the forum.

I totally agree! You dont get 'deals' on Tesoro like some others. I gave up on kellyco 4 years ago, when they took paypal payment for a detector they didnt have in stock, even though the website said it was in stock. They said it could be up to 2 weeks before they shipped it. I cancelled order, then I had to wait nearly a week to get my payment refunded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread