SonoftheSouth

Greenie
Jun 23, 2014
TN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I no longer use a Tesoro except for as backup, I felt compelled to enter a post to give a huge thumbs up to their customer service department. Regardless of how you rate their detectors, Tesoro has the very best customer service in the industry, hands down. When they say it's guaranteed for life they mean it. (period emphasized)

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While I no longer use a Tesoro except for as backup, I felt compelled to enter a post to give a huge thumbs up to their customer service department. Regardless of how you rate their detectors, Tesoro has the very best customer service in the industry, hands down. When they say it's guaranteed for life they mean it. (period emphasized)

Bottom line-a product that works, along with Great customer service- Is a keeper

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Totally Agree..

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my opinion Tesoro customer service is over rated. The reason I say that is because I never have to use it. To me, that's the sign of a great company!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tesoro Service Manager Rusty and Tech Carl do great work for their customers...

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2
Not so impressed with Tesoro after today. Sent my old Cutlass in after it quit working. Got a call today that the cannot verify I am the original owner as my registration card is not on file. This machine was my first detector purchased in the mid-80's (most likely pre-computer). Guess what I don't have the receipt any longer. Asked the Customer Service person to check my other machines serial numbers (2) Compadre's, Cibola, Toltec 100 none of them showed up as registered. All registration cards were filled out and sent in at time of purchase, none on file. She told me she has worked there only two months and has had more than 75 people have issues with registration cards. Had to give her credit card # and will be billed $50.00 to have tech check detector and return shipment, all repairs will be additional and at full cost. My advice is to contact Tesoro and make sure your registration is on file, or have your credit card handy if your detector needs repair. The warranty is for the first, original owner and you better be able to prove it! I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not so impressed with Tesoro after today. Sent my old Cutlass in after it quit working. Got a call today that the cannot verify I am the original owner as my registration card is not on file. This machine was my first detector purchased in the mid-80's (most likely pre-computer). Guess what I don't have the receipt any longer. Asked the Customer Service person to check my other machines serial numbers (2) Compadre's, Cibola, Toltec 100 none of them showed up as registered. All registration cards were filled out and sent in at time of purchase, none on file. She told me she has worked there only two months and has had more than 75 people have issues with registration cards. Had to give her credit card # and will be billed $50.00 to have tech check detector and return shipment, all repairs will be additional and at full cost. My advice is to contact Tesoro and make sure your registration is on file, or have your credit card handy if your detector needs repair. The warranty is for the first, original owner and you better be able to prove it! I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

I think that if they notice a pattern where after a certain decade where they are not finding original warranty information on file, then they need to give the customer benefit of the doubt. Sounds like there may be a trend to their record keeping where there is none after a length of time back.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Don't blame Tesoro. Its your fault for not sending in the registration card or saving your receipt.

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2
Didn't blame Tesoro for anything. Just stating the facts. I have sent in all my registration cards to Tesoro, five of them to be exact, and none are on file. Also sent my Toltec 100 in for repair of coil and recalibration and they have no record of that either. If I was to save every receipt for the last 25+ years I would need another house to store them in. Like I said no so impressed with Tesoro, it appears their record keeping is worse than mine.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just spoke to Michelle @ Tesoro about 2 hours ago to check on one of my machines they are servicing. During our conversation, I asked her about some of the missing warranty registration issues I've read about over the past few days. She informed me that "most" warranty information that was entered into their computer system prior to 1995 has been lost recently due to a computer crash (ironic as I'm sitting here watching more of the IRS scandal on C-Span). She also informed me that they are in the process of sorting thru boxes of warranty cards (2000 per box) in order to re-enter the information. Hope this info helps someone...

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don't blame Tesoro. Its your fault for not sending in the registration card or saving your receipt.
If I was to save every receipt for the last 25+ years I would need another house to store them in.

If you don't save your warranty item receipts, you are depending on another person to keep good records. And people screw up. I keep all my receipts for major purchases & warranty items in an 8 X 11 file folder on my bookshelf. Its about a half inch thick.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If you don't save your warranty item receipts, you are depending on another person to keep good records. And people screw up. I keep all my receipts for major purchases & warranty items in an 8 X 11 file folder on my bookshelf. Its about a half inch thick.
I too have saved every warranty receipt purchased over the past 30 years filed in chronological order. When I get rid of an item I throw the warranty receipt away. Have resorted to using some of them MANY times over the years. Great minds think alike Boatlode...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just got my Shark back today. Sent it in for a leaking coil. Special thanks goes out to Rusty and Carl @ Tesoro. They also installed new headphone pads, gave me an extra new battery pack with batteries and a few packs of silicone. Great service and you can't beat that Lifetime Warranty.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I feel bad for you. There are SO many people that buy 20+ year old Tesoro machines at garage sales, and then try to send them in to be refurbished as "original owners" that Tesoro had to really crack down about a year ago. Obviously you are a real Tesoro fan, as you have been using the brand since 1985. I think it is a testament to Tesoro that most of these 25-30 year-old machines are still out there and being used, and the ones that are not working are being repaired or replaced.

I'm willing to bet you can't get a 25-year-old Whites repaired and returned for $50.00

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Got my old Cutlass back Friday, works like new. Just as I knew it would. Don't get me wrong I love Tesoro detectors, have used them since 1985 and will continue to use and buy them in the future. And for all of you overly organized people that save every receipt, guess what I found??? Copies of all of my registration cards for all of my detectors. I just mailed them all in certified mail to Tesoro, Fisher, & Minelab so now there should be no question when my Cutlass needs repair in 25 years. Again Tesoro makes a great detector, but I question their record keeping (since I found by registration papers I can fairly say that now}.

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One week, One time, Permanent fix. (Sometimes i just want free knob upgrades)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread