Swamp land

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will react fine and you will love your finds no matter which model you choose.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey J Hawk!! Not sure about the Tesoro, but I use the AT Pro down here and it works well!! I live on the Miss River and there is a lot of mud which makes the water proof qualities of the ATP useful!! But I am sure the Tesoro would do well in your part of the state!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work on high tech electronics crap all day. When I go detecting I like simple and effective. Right now I only have Tesoro's. They work extremely well for me and offer a lot of bang for the buck. I'm not knocking the other brands at all. It's just hard to convince myself to try one of those other brands when Tesoro's just work so well for me.

I have a new Tejon and really love it. It is deep and powerful. It is supposedly a relic machine, but I can tell you for sure it is a coin magnet. I love the power and depth. The thing I really like about it is that if the power ever goes out at our house and I am hungry, I can fire up the Tejon, put a hot dog under the coil, and cook it in about 30 seconds!

In the end you will have to find the detector and brand that works best for you. Some of the guys on here switch detectors every few months and never really settle on a single detector. To each his own. Tesoro works well for me.

What are you planning on hunting for? What is your budget? Give us those answers and we can help you decide!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread