Most versatile Tesoro?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew that was coming.....seemed pretty obvious to me also, but i just wanted some opinions....

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of depth will the Vaq get in fairly bad ground on minnie balls?

nitnelyons

Mar 10, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
On my 3rd Tesoro Vaquero. Sold the first two because I fell for all the "Hype" on the XP Deus, and Equinox. Will not sell/trade this one.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiggerinVa Last weekend I found a mini ball 8"-8 1/2" deep using the 5.75 Widescan Coil here in Pennsylvania with discrimination set between the max. line, and line before max. I just bought this small coil in May this year, and it hasn't, and probably WON'T ever come off the machine. (Tesoro Vaquero with Monolithic, 12x10, & 5.75 Widescan Coils)

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nitnelyons, That is pretty impressive......i have heard that you lose no depth with that coil on the Vaquero and plan to purchase one with mine. Thanks for your input.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digger - as to the original post, I agree with the majority on the Vaq. However, you're quite well covered with what you have in my opinion - certainly not handicapped.
luvsdux

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger - as to the original post, I agree with the majority on the Vaq. However, you're quite well covered with what you have in my opinion - certainly not handicapped.
luvsdux

I know ....but can you ever have too many? ;-)

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, yes. Between good buys on used models and several brands, I've got a pretty full stable. I need to sell a few one of these days.
luvsdux

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has there ever been a shootout between The Vaquero and The Outlaw running similar coils ? Since The Outlaw comes with the donut , put a 10x12 on both of them and have a shootout !

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DiggerinVa Last weekend I found a mini ball 8"-8 1/2" deep using the 5.75 Widescan Coil here in Pennsylvania with discrimination set between the max. line, and line before max. I just bought this small coil in May this year, and it hasn't, and probably WON'T ever come off the machine. (Tesoro Vaquero with Monolithic, 12x10, & 5.75 Widescan Coils)

I know that the 5.75 widescan is popular. Has anyone had experience with the 8" widescan?

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The outlaw is a great deal with the 3 coils. My stepdad has the outlaw and it is a coin hound. I would "guess" that the vaq would be a shade deeper and the better relic machine, but the outlaw being a little better for coins with its lower frequency. Would everyone agree with this?

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As hot as the vaquero is, I don't believe the difference in frequency would give the outlaw any advantage on coins. Turn the disc. up on a V and you can really cherry pick a site.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOTH machines are versatile and are as good or better than machines costing twice as much.
With Tesoro you really get your money's worth!!! The Cazador WILL be another great machine when it comes out too.
But I still like the Outlaw.
image.jpg

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any more info on the Cazador? Waterproof?

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lobo supertraq,gold,coins,jewelry and meteorites

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either the Vaquero or Tejon, because they have ground balance. The Tejon may go a little deeper, where talking 1" or less.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions