any one use a silver sabre in wet saltwater sand

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
i have a chance to buy an old silver sabre really cheap
i hunt mostly wet sand at low tide
ive looked online and have found alot about this machine for relics and coin shooting in parks but nothing about beaches
the one im looking at seems to be a good deal but with no manual ground balance i dont know if it would false alot in wet sand
any feed back would be appreciated

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used my DeLeon on the slope at low tide and it was very stable and even over black sand it was OK..I didn't go down where the water was washing in. The DeLeon is a 10Khz unit so I cant say for sure a higher frequency would do the same....Tesoro overall is a great beach unit even if your relegated to the dry it hits targets very well.

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you will find that you'll have a lot of chatter if you get near the sand/salt water line. I have five Tesoro's and only one is stable in the salt water zone and thats my Sand Shark! Other wise stay on the dry sand and you'll have fun ALL day!

dirtynails

Mar 21, 2013
I have a silver sabre umax and it falses in wet sand. You can use it once you get used to it. Dry sand is fine and pretty deep. I was impressed at how it handles the dry sand. I use a minelab sovereign in the wet sand so I really don't bother with the sabre on the beach. I'm in NC though where there is incredible amounts of black sand. Florida will probably handle better. I love the machine and highly suggest buying one. If it's cheap you can easily sell it to make your money back plus more if you don't like it.

OP
OP
M

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
thanks for the replies folks
i went ahead and bought it
129 for the machine and a set of calrad headphones
hopefully i can get out tomorrow and give it a try

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the best for the use your going to put it to but you can use almost any machine anywhere by either using the discrimination control to balance out the positive salt effect or just reduce the sensitivity to around the 4 mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread