Tejon Ground Balance Problem

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, Last fall I traded for a Tejon and have really enjoyed it since then. Recently, I did a stupid thing. I left the Tejon leaning against the front of my truck while I went to talk to the landowner. Then dummy me got in the truck , pulled forward a couple of feet, backed up and drove away, looked in the mirror to see my Tejon on the ground. Surprisingly, I just barely hit the cuff/ battery box with the front tire. I did crack the cuff and one battery box door broke off. I called Tesoro, and was told that I could send it back and they would fix it for $50 fee because it was bought used. Very Fair in my mind but the detector still worked and with a little duct tape it was functional. The young lady on the phone then offered to send me the whole upper shaft assembly with battery box, cuff and empty control box for $50. Easy assembly, 4 screws, one wire connector and snap the pole together. I have had a lot of things going on since then and didn't get to play with it until yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't get it to ground balance. The hum increases coming up from the ground but no matter how far I turn the knob to the right, I cannot get it to hum going down. Eventually, it just stops humming entirely. I figure it is probably going back to Tesoro, but thought I would ask ya'll for advice first. Thanks in advance for any help. steve, otherwise known as DUMMY.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tesoro = Great Service

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wholeheartedly agree. I just thought that I would ask here first. I already feel dumb enough, admitting to them that I ran over my machine.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could you G.B. the machine before you ran it over ?

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. It was actually pretty easy to ground balance before. Obviously, something is screwed up. I was just hoping someone on here had a similar experience with ground balance and found a cure. I guess it will go to Tesoro next week. Thanks steve

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like she needs to go back. Best of luck and HH

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have faith in Tesoro. It will go back next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread