Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Yes I have the Anderson straight shaft on my Tesoro Sand Shark and one on my Fisher CZ-21. In my opinion they are the only way to go. The Sand Shark will be very balanced and easy to swing with a really nice and tight feel. It is worth the $119.00 to do it you won't regret it. :icon_thumright:

Never snorkeled with my Sand Shark but for beach and surf hunting the 36" straight shaft is again the only way to go.. I think it would be fine for snorkel use with a short end shaft added or the Divers model Anderson short straight shaft set up. This is another straight shaft option from Anderson for the Sand Shark. Take a look at Anderson's web page for the options available. There are 3 straight shaft options for the Sand shark, long, the 36" standard and the short Divers shaft option.

Happy Hunting, :occasion14:
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Bill G, Thanks for the pics and insight. I have previously looked at the Anderson site and am still trying to vision each of the 3 shafts available and which one would be the most appropriate.

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Penzfan, I've also been looking at straight shaft options for quite a while for my Sand Shark. I'm curios if you've decided on one and if so, how's it working out?

OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just purchased one today from another TN member. I'll post my opinion after I have used it.

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I like the looks of that straight shaft! I have about worn out the stock shaft and have been trying to decide what to do! It looks good most of my hunting is in shallow to chest deep water in the surf zone. I may have to give it a try!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bill G thanks for the photo. I have been looking at the dive shaft for my Tiger Shark but couldn't quite picture the setup.

Is that an RFI choke you added on the cord just below the control box?

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Bill G thanks for the photo. I have been looking at the dive shaft for my Tiger Shark but couldn't quite picture the setup.

Is that an RFI choke you added on the cord just below the control box?

A small Velco wrap to guide the headphone cord and keep in place.

Happy Hunting, :occasion14:
Bill G

OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Received my straight shaft for the SS from Dieselram94 yesterday and installed it today. Gonna test run it Saturday and will let you know how it worked. I had to sand the circumference of the short coil shaft down a bit to get it to fit inside the lower end of the straight shaft.

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably pulling the Trigger on a anderson straight shaft for my Sand Shark this weekend! Does the anderson straight shaft come with a lower rod for the coil or can you use the one from the factory shaft? Never thought about upgrading it until the factory shaft started getting a wobble and I couldn't fix it.

OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I used the Shark's lower rod in mine.

OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Great balance and weight. Happy with the purchase D. Thanks

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
penzfan

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Besides better balance, a more comfortable grip, more length versatility and easier storage there is no difference.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides better balance, a more comfortable grip, more length versatility and easier storage there is no difference.
For me the difference was slight the way I use it. But I like the straight shaft on the Excals but not the Cz's its a personal preference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread